- Balcatta WA 6021, Australia
Sodexo designs, manages and delivers innovative integrated solutions that not only improve the way our clients businesses run on a daily basis, but enhance Quality of Life for our clients, consumers and employees.
Sodexo provides a range of services at remote locations across Australia, servicing both on-shore and off-shore sites, in difficult and challenging environments. At Sodexo, our Energy & Resources segment serves four markets: Mining, Offshore & Marine, Onshore Energy, and Engineering & Construction Projects. Our growing team of employees is dedicated to improving productivity, building meaningful client relationships, reducing on-site problems and improving quality of life for the thousands of Australians who call our remote sites home.
- Assist Sodexo achieve its goal of zero harm to people, equipment and environment.
- Comply with all workplace health and safety laws at all times.
- Act as a point of contact for clients and community groups, and addressing concerns and complaints for HSEQC issues.
- Form strong working relationships with community groups in the vicinity of remote sites.
- Establish a strong link with senior management, operations, clients support departments and service partners to ensure effective management of HSE.
- Provide technical support and advice to management and service partners in relation to legislative and company requirement.
- Manage company and client-driven HSE activities, programs, drills, meetings.
- Prepare HSEQ KPI reports for communication to Sodexo management.
- Comply with Sodexo’s HSEQ management system at all times.
- Ensure health and safety, the environment, quality, the community and wellbeing is incorporated into daily operations.
- Participate and ensure compliance to the schedule of the Live Safe behavioral safety program and the implementation of identified corrective actions from Live Safe surveys.
- Facilitate risk assessments and ensure site specific risk registers are updated and communicated.
- Participate in critical control program assurance activities.
- Report any incidents, near hits, procedure deficiencies and poor working conditions to the immediate manager and HSEQ personnel.
- Ensure all incidents (including near misses) are investigated to a level of detail appropriate to the maximum foreseeable exposure (MFE) of the incident and report made available to the HSE manager.
- Ensure that lessons learnt and actions resulting from incidents are appropriately managed and implemented across all applicable sites.
- Ensure monthly HSE inspections are completed with relevant actions captured for any non-conformances identified.
- Review and update company HSE manuals, policies, procedures and management plans (traffic management, emergency management etc.) as required.
- Prepare monthly reports including information on incidents, hazards, non-conformances, improvement plans and HSE performance.
- Preparation of monthly reports for submission to the HSE Manager or site manager.
- Ensure correct classification of incidents.
- Attend and contribute to prestart, weekly toolbox and management meetings.
- Attend Monthly HSE and Safety Committee meetings.
- Assist in the development of relevant training packaged and competency assessments to support the implementation of Sodexo’s HSEQC management system.
- Organise and conduct HSEQC training for remote sites including inductions, HACCAP, behavioral safety inspections, Isolation, Permit to Work, Job Hazard Analysis, Manual Handling and Hazardous Substances.
- Conduct Gap Analysis of employee training pathways that are consistent with the business, insuring that training is available and delivered.
- Review JHAs and update SOP as required.
- Review and report on site compliance on Datastation (training, hazards, actions, investigations).
- Ensure Change Control forms are completed as per MOC requirements.
- Update ChemWatch, SDS files and chemical risk assessments for chemicals used on site.
- Perform financial analysis of current and prospective HSEQC projects, and align these projects with company strategy and budgets.
- Train and guide staff in performing their duties in adherence to company, client and regulatory standards.
- Promote Diversity and inclusion as a key driver of employee attraction and retention through recruitment programs.
- Promote, implement and assist in the coordination of Sodexo’s reward and benefit programs.
- Create and facilitate employee engagement experiences, including workshops and strategy sessions at all levels in the organisation.
- Develop initiatives, concepts and ideas that continually support the employee engagement message and ensure that these messages align with all other corporate initiatives.
- Foster and maintain a strong rapport with staff and managers at all levels.
- Other reasonable duties as directed.
Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety (minimum).
- Bachelor’s degree in Health and Safety or higher.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Certified in Internal Auditing.
- Root Cause Incident Investigation (TapRoot) Training.
- Essential factor investigation training.
- Food Safety Qualifications.
- Current West Australian C Class driver’s license.
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferably working within the mining industry or remote sites.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current applicable legislation and regulations.
- Exposure to Quality Management Systems including ISO 9001:2001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Ensure Sodexo HSEQC management system and management plans are communicated and implemented.
- Ensure that HSE improvement plans are developed to ensure continuous improvement in HSEQC performance and compliance.
- Ensure that all personnel (Sodexo and its service partners) carrying out HSE activities have been trained, are competent and have the relevant qualifications for the specified roles.
- Identify, reporting and address any environmental, HSE or community hazard, incident or improvement, and promptly target problem areas to ensure that issues and incidents do not emerge.
- Coach teams regularly to maximise their performance, with reviews completed on time and to a high standard. Ensure all team members demonstrate the IFMS collaboration model behaviours and that team employee engagement scores meet or exceed targets.
- Ensure financial targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensure quality, health, safety, environmental and compliance targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensure 100% compliance to IFMS standards and that the IFMS brand is recognised as the leading provider of on-site service solutions.
Context and main issues
Ensure reports and reporting data is made available to client, Sodexo management and or relevant external authorities as required.
Consistent access and review of regulatory, company and client-driven OHS manuals, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Sodexo personnel who approve and issue permits are authorised, trained and assessed as competent and that external service partners work in accordance with Sodexo’s permit to work system.
- Ensure third-party ISO certification/registration (14001, 9001, 18001, 4801 and HACCP) are maintained.
- Ensure that reported hazards and incidents are accurately captured and reported in a timely manner.
- Identify and report any environmental or OHS hazards and incidents to immediate manager and HSEQ personnel in a timely manner, and assist in the development and implementation of initiatives to avoid environmental and safety risks.