Permanent Part Time Receptionist
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
We began operations in Australia in 1982 and now provides on-site services at over 300 diverse locations throughout Australia. Today we have over 5,000 employees in Australia who are part of the global Sodexo team of 425,000. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers innovative integrated solutions that not only improve the way our client’s businesses run on a daily basis, but enhance Quality of Life for our clients, consumers and employees.
About the Role
Reporting into the Site Manager this role is located within one of our pharmaceutical client sites, based in Abbotsford, Melbourne. This is a permanent Part time Position (25 hours per week) which can potentially lead to a Full time Role.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Answer, screen and forward calls via switchboard
- Greet and welcome visitors
- Monitor individual and shared Reception inbox
- Receive, sort and distribute daily incoming mail/courier deliveries, systematically lodge outgoing mail whilst monitoring tracking codes where required and maintain Mailroom area
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access.
- Perform daily site safety checks and assist Site Lead with general facilities management regarding maintenance requirements
- Data entry - collect, track and report on general and/or specific information as may be required and maintain accurate written records of such.
- Provide induction for all new starters, contractors, etc.
- Ensure reception area, kitchens and internal office area operating over two levels are tidy and presentable at all times, and stocked with all necessary materials, stationary, consumables, etc.
- Assist in the management of meetings by coordinating meeting room bookings and looking after any room requirements as they come up.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as the daily open and/or closing of Reception, communications with various suppliers, preparing correspondence and documents, providing accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
This position will suit someone looking to further their Receptionist and administrative skills and who is looking for longevity within a multinational company.
- Proven experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role in a corporate environment
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work a switchboard
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills, with a high attention to detail
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously when required
- Strong sense of integrity and reliability
- Desire to grow with the company
If this sounds like you, please take the time and click "I'm Interested" to complete the 5 minute application.
Sodexo is a contract services company and employment is conditional to Sodexo’s ability to maintain the client contract and its service levels. All employees are subject to a Police Check and a Working with Children Check (where applicable).