Dietician Manager - Healthcare
- Newcastle NSW, Australia
Contribute to Resident Wellbeing and Quality of Life
About the Role
Due to positive growth in our Healthcare/Aged Care segment we are calling for applications for an operationally minded professional with dietary specific training combined with healthcare/aged care management experience.
As the Dietician Manager your focus will be to manage all non clinical services such as catering facilities, cleaning and laundry. You will manage day to day site operations, achieving high levels of resident and client satisfaction through your accountability and strong corporate governance focus.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Ensure that all visitors/families/friends to the facility are warmly welcomed and receive the appropriate service levels required and ensure all resident and client requests are executed in a timely and professional manner
- Oversee that residents day to day needs and other lifestyle activities are provided for.
- Ensure agreed scope for catering, cleaning and laundry services and facilities maintenance are adhered to and managed effectively
- Adhere to all aged care accreditation standards and support the Client in achieving outcomes
- Ensure resident Allergens and Dietary chart is maintained and current at all times
- To ensure that food preparation, presentation and service is carried out promptly and to Sodexo standards
- To maintain a high standard of food hygiene, safety and cleanliness in accordance with Sodexo, Client and statutory requirements
- To deal professionally with Customer feedback, ensure complaints are handled professionally and feedback is delivered promptly
- To actively pursue and achieve budget targets and create budget compilation
- To assess weekly and monthly trading figures and maintain adequate controls to monitor budget performance across all areas of the P&L
- To effectively lead, develop and motivate your service team, monitoring and solving personnel issues as they arise within the department
- To ensure labour is rostered efficiently, productively and to budget
You will require the following to be successful in this role:
- Degree as a Dietician with experience in Aged Care
- Hospitality and Catering experience within the healthcare/aged care industry or hotel/hospitality industry is essential with management of Concierge/Front of House, Food & Beverage, and Housekeeping
- Broad understanding and experience in the management of hard and soft facilities maintenance with a strong contractor management background
- Practical experience with financial budgets, P&Ls and administration systems. Intermediate to advanced computer literacy
- Health & Safety Compliance management skills
- Performance management and recruitment experience, training, coaching and mentoring exposure
- Associate Diploma of Business or similar type tertiary qualifications
- Healthcare or Aged Care exposure (Desirable)
Sodexo offers a competitive salary package along with great employee benefits and a recognition program.
If you are looking for a role where you can truly make an impact on people’s lives, click “I'm Interested” below.
Sodexo began operations in Australia in 1982 and now provides on-site services at over 300 diverse locations throughout Australia. Today we have over 5,000 employees in Australia who are part of the global Sodexo team of 425, 000. The welfare and wellbeing of aged Australians are at the heart of Sodexo's framework for the healthcare industry. Mental stimulation and engagement for senior residents is integral in the services provided by Sodexo employees in various facilities throughout Australia. We work closely with residents and onsite management to create an interactive environment for the physical and psychological wellbeing for all seniors in our care.
Sodexo is a contract services company and employment is conditional to Sodexo’s ability to maintain the client contract and its service levels. All employees are subject to a police check and a Working with Children check (where applicable)