- Melbourne VIC, Australia
Sodexo was founded over 50 years ago and is a leader in delivering Quality of Life services which is backed by nearly 465,000 employees in 80 countries across the globe. From corporate and aged care facilities to schools and universities, Sodexo provides a range of support and integrated services to our clients which enhances their wellbeing and drives workplace efficiencies.
About the role
As a result of our continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Catering Supervisor to join our team at one of our prestigious education sites in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
Reporting into the Catering Manager, this full-time role will manage our on-site catering team whilst the duties of a Catering Supervisor will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide a professional and knowledgeable food and beverage service while ensuring meeting customer dietary requirements
- Ensure rooms are set-up correctly and within a timely fashion for all events, meetings and functions
- Preparation of a arrange of beverages including espresso coffees
- Uphold and maintain cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene in all areas – front and back of house
- Ensuring a proactive approach in managing and maintaining high standards of service
- Assist if required in preparation and presentation of a range of food including salads, sandwiches, and hot meals
- Use of a PoS system as well as cash management
- Agree and adhere to Sodexo and client HSEQ requirements
- Complete any other duties or tasks within scope requested by the Catering Manager
To be successful in this role, you will come from a from a 5-star hotel background or similar and possess the below:
- Experience in a similar role in corporate catering, a-la-carte high end restaurants, or other prestigious institutions is preferred
- Previous supervisory or management experience leading a team to deliver to a very high standard is essential
- You will have demonstrated ability to order and control food and labour costs to meet contractual financial KPI's
- Barista experience is essential and if requested the ability to demonstrate latte art if requested
- You will posses excellent organisational and interpersonal skills to build solid relationships with stakeholders and take extreme pride in your work and personal presentation
- Hold (or willing to obtain) a Victorian Working with Children Check
- You have full, unrestricted working rights within Australia
- You are able to thrive in a fast paced environment while multitasking and prioritising
The successful applicant will also be required to complete the on boarding process for Sodexo which includes a medical, police clearance and on line learning.
If this sounds like the right job for you click on “I’m Interested” and complete our 5-minute application process.
Sodexo is a contract services company and employment is conditional to Sodexo’s ability to maintain the client contract and its service levels. All employees are subject to a police check and a Working with Children check (where applicable)