- Melbourne VIC, Australia
Sodexo was founded over 50 years ago and is a leader in delivering Quality of Life services which is backed by nearly 465,000 employees in 80 countries across the globe. From corporate and aged care facilities to schools and universities, Sodexo provides a range of support and integrated services to our clients which enhances their wellbeing and drives workplace efficiencies.
About the role
As a result of our continued growth, we are seeking experienced and well-presented Catering Attendants to join our team at one of our prestigious education sites in the South East suburbs of Melbourne.
Working within the on-site catering team, the duties of a Catering Attendant will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide a professional and knowledgeable food and beverage service while ensuring meeting customer dietary requirements
- Ensure all rooms are set-up correctly and within a timely manner for all meal services, events, meetings and functions
- Basic food preparation including salads, sandwiches, and hot meals as well as buffet setup and serving
- Preparation of a beverages including espresso coffee
- Maintain cleanliness of all rooms during and after service, usage of commercial dishwasher and thoroughly clean the kitchen area
- Provide a high standard of customer service to all clients and customers
- Use of a PoS system as well as cash management
- Cleaning and maintenance of the staff kitchen areas and restocking tea/coffee and biscuits
- Complete any other duties or tasks within scope requested by the catering manager/supervisor or chef
- Agree and adhere to Sodexo and client HSEQ requirements
To be successful in this role, you will come from a from a 5-star hotel background or similar and possess the below:
- Experience in a similar role in corporate catering, a-la-carte high end restaurants, or other prestigious institutions is preferred
- A high standard of food hygiene, safety and cleanliness
- Strong cooking and food preparation skills including knife skills are essential
- Barista experience and latte art skills are preferred but not essential
- A strong focus on high quality food production and presentation
- Hold (or willing to obtain) a Victorian Working with Children Check
- You have full, unrestricted working rights within Australia
- You are able to thrive in a fast paced environment while multitasking and prioritising
- You will have excellent communication and ability to build relationships with clients and customers
- You pride yourself in outstanding customer service and personal presentation
The successful applicant will also be required to complete the on boarding process for Sodexo which includes a medical, police clearance and on line learning.
If this sounds like the right job for you click on “I’m Interested” and complete our 5-minute application process.
Sodexo is a contract services company and employment is conditional to Sodexo’s ability to maintain the client contract and its service levels. All employees are subject to a police check and a Working with Children check (where applicable)