Multi-Site Assessment Centre
- Rockhampton QLD, Australia
Sodexo was founded over 50 years ago and is a leader in delivering Quality of Life services which is backed by nearly 465,000 employees in 80 countries across the globe. We provide a range of services at remote locations across Australia, servicing both on-shore and off-shore sites, in difficult and challenging environments.
Sodexo are hosting an assessment center early in October - if you are interested in joining Sodexo please register your interest to be invited. This is a great opportunity to learn more about our opportunities and company.
About the role
Sodexo have a variety of roles and seeking enthusiastic candidates from Rockhampton and the surrounding region. We are seeking casual Service Attendant who can work across numerous areas including but not limited to mine site cleaning, housekeeping, laundry, kitchen hand, dining room attendant and ground maintenance.
This is a ‘Drive in, Drive out’ role, and all candidates must be based in the Rockhampton and surrounding areas.
The responsibilities of the Service Attendant will include but are not limited to the follow:
- Ensure mine site offices and all surrounding area are kept clean and tidy
- Following a run sheet or as directed from supervisor, ensure the village grounds including offices, rooms and ensuites are cleaned to a high standard
- Assist with basic food preparation, washing dishes and assisting the Chef as directed
- Setting up and cleaning of dining hall and buffet areas
- Gather, wash, and distribute linen and towels
- Gardening/grounds maintenance may be asked if required
To be successful in this role you must meet the below criteria:
- Class C Open Licence is Essential
- Previous experience in the hospitality or industrial cleaning industry in one of the above-mentioned areas preferable in a remote environment, resort or mining camp
- Strong safety awareness and exposure/understanding of handling and storing chemicals
- Readiness to commit to working various shift times including day, night, split and on call
- Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team in a busy environment
- Positive attitude with a strong work ethic and resilience to ensure all tasks are completed
- A strong commitment to high standards of customer service and integrity
What you can gain:
- Casual rostered hours
- Accommodation and meals provided whilst on site
- Exposure to various mine sites/ villages and a variety of roles
- A supportive and engaging team environment
- Excellent remuneration and with ongoing career development
- Opportunity to join the 18th largest employer in the wold and a leader in Quality of Life Services
If this sounds like the right job for you click on “I’m Interested” and complete our 5-minute application process.
Sodexo is a contract services company and employment is conditional to Sodexo’s ability to maintain the client contract and its service levels. All employees are subject to a police check and a Working with Children check (where applicable)