Web Preservation & Research Specialist
- 700 River Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, us
At SMI Aware, we leverage the best analysts and technology in the industry to find and preserve social media evidence and create actionable digital/web intelligence for lawyers, executives, and investigators.
SMI Aware is hiring a full-time entry-level Web Preservation and Research Specialist to work in our Pittsburgh office. SMI Aware Web Preservation and Research Specialist will capture and quarantine Open Source, Social Media, and web information such as a subject’s websites, pictures, and content, on a secure server, that preserves the metadata/source code and HTML that generate the sites content at a specific point in time.
- General knowledge of Google search operators and advanced search settings on social media platforms
- Must be adaptable to learn new skills and software
- Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat DC, and Google Suite
- Must obtain an understanding of HTML, source code and meta data
- Must possess demonstrated ability to reliably meet project timelines
- Minimum two-year degree in Intelligence Studies, Criminal Justice, Pre-Law, Library Sciences or related field a plus
- Must sign a Confidentiality and Secrecy Agreement with SMI Aware
- Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding analysis
- Self-starter and fast learner
- Excellent troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- High energy and drive
- Proactive and adaptable, with a demonstrated success managing schedules
Starting salary for this position is $35,000 per year. SMI Aware offers healthcare, dental & vision, Simple IRA, 15 days PTO per year, 6 holidays, & free parking. Relocation is not supported.