Junior Web Developer
- 700 River Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
At SMI Aware, we leverage the best analysts and technology in the industry to find and preserve social media evidence and create actionable digital/web intelligence for lawyers, executives, and investigators.
SMI Aware is hiring a junior web developer to work in our Pittsburgh office. You’ll work closely with our development lead to design, specify, and implement new features, as well as work to maintain and improve our existing web app. This is an excellent opportunity for a developer who is looking to expand their skills and help further develop our web app.
Our tech stack:
- Laravel 5.6
- Vue 2
- SCSS (compiled via Webpack)
- MySQL 5.7
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Collaborating with our development lead to write new features
- Writing tests to support existing features
- Understanding SMI Aware’s core business model, and identifying technical solutions to improve the quality and efficiency of our products.
- Identifying opportunities to improve software performance
- Performing basic server maintenance
- Taking a service-oriented approach to all work and with a fast-paced culture, friendly working environment
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Expertise with a code editor like VSCode or Sublime Text
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of version control
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of an MVC framework like Laravel, Ruby on Rails, Django
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with software testing fundamentals
- Familiarity with—or interest in—OSINT tools
- Familiarity with Webpack, Gulp, or other build tools
- Familiarity with Sketch, Figma, or either design tools
SMI Aware offers Healthcare, Dental & Vision, 15 days PTO per year, six holidays, and free parking. Unfortunately, we cannot support remote workers at this time. No recruiters please.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position. Please be as detailed as possible in your cover letter.