Open Source Intelligence Investigative Analyst
- Pittsburgh, PA
At Social Media Information (SMI), we leverage the best analysts and technology in the industry to find and preserve social media evidence and create actionable digital/web intelligence for lawyers, executives, and investigators.
SMI is hiring a full-time entry-level analyst to work in our Pittsburgh office. SMI Analysts use data from social media, search engines, public records, and the deep web to compile detailed reports on any person or company's online persona. Typical cases involve insurance fraud, class action lawsuits, employment screenings, cyber bullying, and infidelity.
- Must have advanced understanding of how to use social media and open-source intelligence to find information about individuals and companies
- Must be adaptable to learn new skills and software
- Must be proficient user of Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- General knowledge of Google search operators and advanced search settings on social media platforms
- Must possess demonstrated ability to reliably meet project timelines
- Minimum two year degree in Journalism, Intelligence Studies or related field a plus
- Must sign a Confidentiality and Secrecy Agreement with SMI
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus (reading and writing)
- Detail oriented
- Self-starter and fast learner
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- High energy and drive
- Proactive and adaptable, with a demonstrated success managing schedules
Starting salary for this position is $35,000 per year. SMI offers Healthcare, Dental & Vision, Simple IRA, 15 days PTO per year, 6 holidays, & Free Parking. Relocation is not supported.