Social Media Account Specialist (REMOTE OR IN-OFFICE)
- 242 Broadway St, Chico, CA 95928, USA
**FALL 2021 UPDATE: WE ARE NOW ACTIVELY HIRING FOR THIS ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION**
NOTE: *This is currently a FULL-TIME REMOTE position, so you must be able to work in an environment with strong internet connection and be comfortable using Zoom, phone, Slack, and other online communication tools. We do have an office headquarters located in Chico, CA, so if you live in the area, you're welcome to work in our office, too!*
What We Do at Social High Rise
We are the eyes, ears, and voice of restaurants, online, through social media. When we partner with a restaurant or small business owner/manager, we take the online customer service and social media management piece off of their plate so they don’t have to worry about it. We have restaurant clients located all over the United States. Here’s what we do:
- develop authentic content and post to a variety of social media platforms each week.
- reach out to customers on review sites by crafting and sending genuine responses to individuals who write positive and challenging reviews.
- engage with customers by sharing the photos they took in-house and responding to customer questions and comments posted online.
Our “Things” At Social High Rise
At Social High Rise, we hustle as a team, take ownership of our work, and operate with empathy. We strive to remain optimistic, humble, and resourceful with all things. We act thoughtfully and responsibly, with each other, our clients, and our community. We strive to put people first. We’re a “flat” organization -- meaning we all work together without hierarchies or complex channels of communication.
Social High Rise was established in 2012, and our office headquarters is located at the heart of downtown Chico, CA, in an old “grand ballroom” on the 3rd floor of a 100+ year old building. We’re a small agency, built from the ground-up, and our team tends to stick around for a while. In March, 2020, our whole team quickly transitioned to working remotely due to COVID-19. Our way of work has always been structured to be able to operate anywhere, so our transition was pretty smooth, though we’re always learning and finding ways to improve. Most of our team is currently still working remotely and some are working safely at our office headquarters in Chico, CA.
We gather for "team time" via Zoom each week to review company milestones, recognize team accomplishments, and shamelessly share our blunders because we all make mistakes and that’s okay. Sometimes we take screenshots during meetings, and that's fun. If it’s your birthday, we’ll probably sing to you, too.
Perks: Flexible work schedules, unlimited paid vacation, medical/dental/vision benefits, retirement contributions, work from home (or anywhere with a solid internet connection), cell phone stipend, paid learning opportunities, leadership development, experience working with a small team of thoughtful people, free pizza from the best pizza joint in town (if you can make it to our office headquarters in Chico, CA, to pick up the gift card with a mask on your face because #COVID), friendship, personal growth, and more!
Social High Rise is looking for an innovative Social Media Account Specialist who has knowledge and passion for delivering outstanding customer service. This individual will develop a cohesive digital voice for a variety of restaurant and small business clients by ensuring consistent, high-quality editorial and visual execution for each social media platform.
Do you have experience working in the restaurant industry? EXCELLENT! That's the *BEST* type of experience for this job. In fact, we *PREFER* restaurant and customer service experience over any type of business/marketing experience.
We're looking to bring on a new team member NOW!
- Create robust social media profiles for new clients that reflect a full brand aesthetic, often without the aid of existing brand collateral
- Oversee the strategy, planning, implementation and reporting of social media initiatives within a defined program framework to assure consistent execution while achieving maximum impact
- Understand and articulate the value of our services to ensure client retention
- Deliver outstanding customer service to clients and associated customers
- Work to find solutions to complex problems quickly and competently
- Compose written/visual content that successfully engages a clients’ fan base
- Work with clients to craft personalized responses to clients' positive and negative customer reviews
- Address and resolve clients' questions and concerns quickly and independently via phone/email
- Construct detailed processes for organizing and analyzing data
- Collaborate regularly with an energetic, smart, and driven team of professionals to help Social High Rise grow as a company
NOTE: *This is currently a FULL-TIME Entry-Level REMOTE position. You must be able to work in an environment with strong internet connection and be comfortable using Zoom, phone, Slack, and other online communication tools. We do have an office headquarters located in Chico, CA, so if you live in the area, you're welcome to work in our office, too!*
What we're looking for:
- RESTAURANT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE!
- Experience using Facebook, Google Business, Yelp, Twitter, TripAdvisor and Instagram
- Strong familiarity with key social platforms – preferably from a business/marketing/customer service standpoint (in other words, your personal Facebook ramblings and Instagram “what I ate for dinner” posts don’t count)
- An appreciation for the "customer relationship approach" to social media management
- Polished writing skills - both creatively and persuasively - and a solid understanding of proper grammar/punctuation <-- (we're serious about this)
- Extreme attention to detail <-- (we're VERY serious about this)
- The ability to carefully follow directions the first time
- Resourcefulness and a natural inclination to dig for answers and solutions
- Rigorous work ethic
- Shameless, yet polished, communication skills with no fear of asking questions or sharing ideas
- A creative thinker and innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit
- An eye for design and aesthetics
- A high degree of common sense
- An assertive, confident and respectful approach to conversing with clients
- Developed knowledge of sales communication and psychology
- A self-motivated attitude
- An appreciation for working with a smart, dedicated team of young professionals
- Nice to have, but definitely *NOT* required: Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related subject; or some experience working in a related field.
To apply for the Social Media Account Specialist position at Social High Rise, you MUST do the following:
- Submit Cover Letter & Resume (attach together as a PDF)
- Answer the few questions we've included in our application template
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.