Director Product Management
- Functional Department: Product
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Austin/US, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
Snow Software is “on the move”, with growth being driven by (a) the technology advancements of Snow Atlas, (b) the growing demand for organizations to understand their technology estates is increasing and, (c) further fueled by the changing financial conditions. Snow is becoming the defacto Technology Intelligence platform for organizations focused on getting intelligence answers from their Technology estates.
This right Product leader for this role will be a technical, analytical, and passionate leader who understands the needs of IT professionals and leaders and the technical challenges associated with managing hundreds of vendors and IT services.
This role will differ from traditional Product Management in that you will not be inheriting a portfolio of products to manage. Rather you will spend most of your time understanding how customers are using our products and data today and making it easier for them to get more value from the data we provide them.
- Develop and leverage an understanding of Snow Software's business, its products, user and buyer personas, market trends, and an understanding of the direct competitive landscape to identify and clearly communicate key areas of competitive differentiation.
- Set the strategy and direction for Snow Labs to create the right environment to build innovative ideas that can deliver value to our customers.
- Define team and individual-level roles, responsibilities, and expectations, and leverage to hire and nurture top talent, manage on-going performance, and facilitate career growth.
- Own the roadmap for Snow Labs, including review of build-buy-partner options, ensuring alignment of product deliverables to the overall product vision and strategy.
- Effectively partner across Snow to lead and influence teams with a collaborative, goal-focused, and customer-focused mindset.
- Engage customers, prospects, and business partners to gain insight utilized in the product development process and to support new business opportunities
- 8+ years of B2B product management experience (bonus for working on SaaS-delivered products)
- 4+ years of people management experience building, leading, and mentoring high-performance product management teams
- 4+ years of experience working in a continuous delivery environment using Agile methodologies on complex software products
- Proven track record of developing, launching, and generating revenue from B2B IT solutions
- Proven ability to motivate, lead and collaborate with cross-functional product teams, and manage interactions across engineering, design, marketing, operations, sales, and executive leadership.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions as well as functional / technical deep dives
- Expertise in product and business financial analytics.
- Strong leadership and diplomacy skills, and the ability to make decisions quickly and diplomatically say no.
- Candidate is located in Eastern or Central Time Zone (only)
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Master’s degree in business or Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Confluence and JIRA (nice to have)
Here at Snow, we strive to provide an equal opportunity workplace and cultivate a fair, equitable and safe work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. We truly believe in affirmative action. The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. We are committed to making employment decisions at Snow that are based on business needs, job requirements and candidate ability, which are all part of our robust and fair recruitment process.
As an inclusive employer, Snow strives not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion, Veteran status or belief.
This is not just a generic ‘equal opportunities disclaimer’ for us – we are truly committed to creating a workplace where our team members thrive.
If you have a disability or special need that requires us to adjust the recruiting process, please do advise us when contacted.
We look forward to your application.