- Austin, TX, USA
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
Responsible for day-to-day accounting & compliance across a number of the company’s Americas and APAC subsidiaries. The role combines responsibility for certain accounting topics (functional responsibility) with responsibility for financial reporting and compliance across certain regions/entities (geographical responsibility).
Meeting monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and compliance requirements is a critical part of the job role. The Senior Accountant will prepare journal entries and supporting schedules for Balance Sheet reconciliations and support the preparation of monthly financial reviews.
Alongside these recurring responsibilities, involvement in ad-hoc improvement projects is will be a natural part of the role.
The Senior Accountant works closely with the Corporate and Americas/APAC accounting teams, reporting into the company’s Senior Accounting Manager. There is also a need for significant collaboration with the EMEA accounting team as well as with other Finance functional teams such as AR, AP, Payroll, Treasury, and Procurement.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
· Day-to-day accounting activities across a number of the company’s Americas and APAC subsidiaries
· Meeting monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and compliance requirements
· Owner of allocated compliance activities (e.g. preparation of VAT returns, Financial Statements, and other Corporate Tax etc.).
· Prepare supporting schedules for Balance Sheet reconciliations and support the preparation of monthly regional financial reviews.
· Evaluate and recommend process changes to improve controls and efficiency
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
· Ability to work independently on regular routine assignments, including managing time and meeting critical deadlines.
· Ability to perform work to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Strong work ethic and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as quarter-end and year-end.
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
· Minimum of 5 years accounting experience in general accounting
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is meriting
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to meeting you!