Principal Software Engineer
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Austin/US, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
Snow Software is “on the move”, with growth being driven by (a) the technology advancements of Snow Atlas, (b) the growing demand for organizations to understand their technology estates is increasing and, (c) further fueled by the changing financial conditions. Snow is becoming the defacto Technology Intelligence platform for organizations focused on getting intelligence answers from their Technology estates.
We are seeking a principal engineer to guide the design and implementation of products delivering SAM capabilities for both public cloud and containers, delivered on the Snow Atlas technology intelligence platform. The architecture is cloud native and microservice based – technologies in use are Golang and React. You will be a key player that will allow us to deliver on our functional and non-functional requirements for years to come.
You will set technical direction and lead technical development across multiple teams and partner with engineers to develop innovative solutions to complex issues. You will act as best practice/quality expert within and outside your own discipline, sharing knowledge and coaching engineers and teams in relevant technical matters. As part of the architecture council, you will help evolve and implement the architectural direction and strategies within Snow.
While much of our work is done remotely, we value the ability to connect face-to-face for high value collaboration activities. As such, our ideal candidate will be based in Ottawa, Canada.
- Collaborate with Chief Architect, Principal and Lead engineers, and product management to develop technology strategy and architecture for current and future products
- Ensure that company-wide architectural guidelines are applied and understood by teams, and supports teams in evaluating architectural decisions within this context
- Lead technology evaluation and proof of concepts
- Collaborate with team to create and review architecture and designs
- Promote continuous improvement and best practices across the software design life cycle
- Proven proficiency in modern software architecture practices and methodologies
- Experience as a senior software developer – we believe good architecture is founded in an understanding of code
- Golang and React are a plus!
- Experience providing technical leadership across one or more teams
- Experience designing and delivering cloud native, microservices based applications
- Strong understanding of agile ways of working and systems thinking
- Experience and expertise in AWS, Azure, and other public clouds
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and the container ecosystem
- Experience with MongoDB and other NoSQL DB solutions
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
This is a chance for you succeed in an environment where you will have the ability to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside collaborative and approachable colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success - the world's largest enterprises and most trusted institutions use Snow to optimize their software, applications, hardware and cloud investments. Here at Snow, our entire team is focused on the success of our customers. We believe that a single platform, built from the most innovative products, can revolutionize our industry. Today, IT leaders have a unique opportunity to transform and protect their organizations, and we are here to help. Ready to work at the edge of innovation. If so, we are hiring future-focused and customer-centric team players all over the world.