Sales Operations Program Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
As a part of the Sales Operations team and reporting to the Sales Operations Director, the Operations Program Manager will provide operational and strategic support to the global sales teams and will function as a critical link between the Sales organization and other key departments including Finance and Marketing.
The Sales Operations team are responsible for supporting throughout the entire sales cycle, including effective planning and forecasting through to accurate achievement reporting and corporate metrics and KPIs. The Operations Program Manager will be expected to work as a member of the wider Sales Operations team whilst also driving cross-functional collaboration. The Operations Program Manager will drive both strategic and operational initiatives, from planning to execution, in order to drive further efficiency and effectiveness of the Field organization.
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders to implement strategic projects and transformational initiatives
- Works with leaders to streamline and optimise sales and operational processes
- Provide insight and actionable analysis and recommendations
- Support the design and management of Field compensation plans and programs
- Participate in company-wide data improvement initiatives
- Maintain and manage existing sales tools
- Input into strategic planning and key decision-making activities and projects including annual GTM design and coverage models
- Create and maintain strong relationships within the Field organisation and across the business
Technical and Personal Skills
- Project and Program Management with demonstrable experience managing successful cross-functional projects
- Change management and enablement
- Ability to problem solve
- Highly organised and results orientated with the ability to prioritize multiple objectives while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Strong business acumen and ability to communicate confidently at all levels of organisation
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- Analytics and Reporting Expertise
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a Sales Operations function
- Analytical and detail minded person with a passion for data driven decision making
- Experience of Sales commissions and forecasting tools such as Spiff and Clari
- High proficiency in Salesforce.com, including report and dashboard creation
- Advanced Excel user
- Experience with Business Intelligence applications (e.g. Power BI)
- Strong understanding of Sales commissions and compensation
- Role can be remote in Central or Eastern Time Zone preferred
Qualification & Pre-Requisites
- Educated to degree level (strongly desirable)
Who You Are
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about field success and has experience working as a Sales Operations professional, ideally in an enterprise software environment. They have a proven record of leading and delivering complex projects whilst collaborating with and influencing leaders across the business. They appreciate the need to bring analysis, creativity and process-efficiency to enable ongoing operational and strategic sales success. They love diving deep into data but have an ability to see beyond the numbers to structure recommendations and drive sound decision-making.
This is a chance for you to join a challenging and inspiring environment where you can make an impact. You will work alongside a bunch of down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. Together we create an innovative environment that drives Snow forward. If you are the right person for the role, you will be part of a fantastic journey in a dynamic, fast-changing business.
This role is expected to be in our East 6th street office 2 - 3 days per week. We are looking forward to your application. We are handling applications as they come, so please get in touch.