Head of Performance Engineering
- Solna, Sweden
- Employees can work remotely
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
We want to operate, our services to a level that exceeds customer expectations and speaks to the trust our customers and partners have placed in us. The purpose of this role is to drive platform performance and ensure Snow’s runtime (i.e., production) SaaS platforms, and on-premise software offerings are proactively managed to avoid bottlenecks and other performance issues that could adversely affect end users.
The role holder will provide expert performance engineering services and oversight, grow and manage a specialist team of performance engineering specialists, and work closely with Snow’s platform reliability, security and development teams to assist in both logical and physical solution design and ensure Snows product and service offerings provide an exceptional level of enterprise scalability.
- Build a strong platform performance team, set a clear direction together with you team and break this down into goals and tasks that get executed so that goals are met and Snow’s runtime platforms, products and services are proactively scalable.
- Demonstrate a passion for performance testing, tuning, optimisation of workloads, and drive improvements and adoption of performance test frameworks (following the principles of the open source movement, CNCF in particular), developing software to enhance the performance engineering capability of the tribe and being able to confidently explain performance testing concepts to technical and non-technical clients.
- Comfortable with taking full ownership of the Non-Functional test process, that includes ownership and sign-off of release builds and in-depth issue investigation.
- Performing Non-Functional testing within an agile software development environment with a view to aiding continuous delivery via CircleCI or similar.
- Building and designing real world test scenarios that are integrated into the continuous delivery pipelines, good understand of microservice based architectures and API component testing, and strong experience with monitoring/visualization/time series/observability technologies (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Sumologic).
- Strong expertise in application, infrastructure and database tuning and optimisation, and performance testing tools using such as JMeter/Performance center/eggplant/selenium.
- Knowledge and experience of containerisation technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, AKS), and strong Cloud experience in Azure or AWS
- Able to analyse and assimilate infrastructure resource metrics (such as CPU Utilization, Memory usage, Network usage, Garbage Collection, and DB Parameters and DB Reports) to verify the performance of applications and Infrastructure, identifying memory leaks, connection issues and bottleneck problems.
- Experience leading large workshops, gamedays, hackathon style collaborative sessions to surface knowledge, gaps that lead to continuous improvements.
- Interested in working with productionized CNCF & cutting-edge technologies.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.