Application Operations Engineers (Hybrid)
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
Every organisation on this globe is using technology to run their business. Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions (yes, you read that correctly) spent on all forms of technology is optimised to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organisations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimise usage and spend and minimise regulatory risk.
Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centres than any other asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners. Every team member in Snow’s Tribe is committed to helping our customers thrive in an era of digital transformation
With the early release of their flagship SaaS product, Snow Software is looking to build and grow a product specialist function within its engineering division. The role will encompass providing technical expertise to our support, SRE and Development teams. You will be resolving complex application issues by utilising our state of the art and cutting edge infrastructure, application monitoring tools through our observability and alert notification solutions. You will make recommendations to the development teams on how to build and enhance our logging framework and what exceptions and events to log to help create a global catalog of exceptions.
- Providing technical application and product expertise to all development and support functions within snow.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting of application and infrastructure stack and working with developers where needed
- Lead escalations to timely resolutions and provide postmortems where appropriate
- Provide mentoring and product demo’s to cross functional teams and seek customer feedback to help snow improve product effectiveness
- Recreate and reproduce software problems within our test environment, create problem records and ensure these are tracked and resolved by working closely with the Product Teams
- Contribute to the availability, operability and performance of the platform
- Contribute to a 24x5 on-call rota system
- Advanced Knowledge of O365 (Configuration and administration knowledge desired)
- Good knowledge in writing complex sql queries for tidying data concerning our data update job (nightly batch process)
- Good understanding of cloud technologies and experience supporting products and solutions delivered as a service.
- String Software Asset Management (SAM) experience
- Knowledge of both UNIX/Linux based and Wintel technologies
- Good understanding of the following Products: ServiceNow, Salesforce, Adobe, Oracle, G-Suite and IBM
- Be a team player, promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- Create and maintain technical knowledge-base articles
This is a chance for you be involved in a high growth and exciting transformation and to develop your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a significant impact. Every day you will get to work alongside great, down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of technology intelligence and products related to this. If you are the right person for the role, we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.