Frontline Technical Support Engineer - Application Support
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Snow’s mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
Snow Software is looking to add to its growing technical support team with an experienced support professional. We are looking for a dynamic Technical Support Engineer with exceptional focus on quality customer support. The role will encompass providing technical support to our large customer and partner base, resolving issues by utilizing widely available resources, teams and your own skills and experience. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years in a similar role, as well as proven exceptional customer facing experience.
You will be working within a regional support team, to resolve customer and partner technical issues attaining high levels of customer satisfaction along with adhering to initial and ongoing service level targets. Your daily duties will be varied across the latest technologies.
Role duties include:
- Providing technical support and maintenance on all Snows Products
- Performing troubleshooting within customer environments focused on the resolution of customer reported issues along with answering product questions raised by customers or partners through our ServiceDesk.
- Continually prioritizing your workload ensuring customers/Partners are kept up to date on the status of their cases following case management best practices.
- Creating content within the support knowledge base ensuring we share knowledge for new issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Escalating issues to the next level of support where you have reached the limit’s of your knowledge and tracking those cases to ensure you continue to learn.
- To contribute to the development of the customer support organization by participating in regular internal meetings and training sessions.
What we require from you:
- Previous Technical Support experience
- Basic knowledge and experience of Networking, Active Directory, Virtualization and Operating Systems
- Basic Knowledge of M365 (Configuration and Administration knowledge desired)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent time management, decision making, prioritization and organization skills.
- Be a team player, promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- Create and maintain technical knowledgebase articles
- Welcomes challenging environments to apply specialist skills, maintaining customer confidence.
- Proven technical diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of ITIL framework
- Eager to learn new skills and technologies.
- A good understanding of cloud technologies and experience supporting products and solutions delivered as a service.
- Willingness to travel to attend company events or training
- Supporting SQL based technologies/software including SQL querying
- Supporting UNIX/Linux based technologies/software
- Knowledge of IIS
- SAM experience
- Software Licensing Experience
- Basic Knowledge of one or more of the following Products: ServiceNow, Salesforce, Adobe, Oracle, Gsuite and IBM BigFix
Who you are:
As the successful candidate you be willing and able to work in a busy, dynamic environment. You will be able to work as part of both local and global teams to deliver customer excellence and success. You will be attention focused and hold a high degree of accountability to help build and protect the strong Snow Software brand image.