Principal Engineer - Data
- Solna, Sweden
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
Guide the transformation & modernization of our data processing & storage capabilities. These include existing capabilities as well as new initiatives that prepare the company for data science, advanced analytics, and machine learning. Part of the architecture council help evolves and implement the architectural direction and strategies within Snow.
Set technical direction and lead technical development within one or more teams. Also, share knowledge and coach engineers and teams in relevant technical matters, and also as part of the architecture council help evolve and implement the architectural direction and strategies within Snow.
- Collaborate with Chief Architect, Principal, and Lead engineers and product management to develop a data strategy and architecture for current and future products
- Lead technology evaluation and POC for data processing and storage technologies
- Design schemas and data formats for transmission and persistence
- Mentor and provide guidance for application teams and current DBAs in matters related to data processing and storage
- Experience with ingestion & transformation - Databricks, Spark, DBT, EMR
- Experience with storage – Snowflake, BigData, Redshift, Parquet, ORC, Avro
- Schema design across products
- Preparation for data science, ML, analytics, BI tools
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.