Senior Business Consultant
- Bracknell, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Snow’s mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
The Senior Business Consultant assists Snow’s Customers grow the maturity of their Software Asset Management (‘SAM’) function, ensuring BAU processes are identified and in place, and the value of Snow’s software products is being optimized to assure the Customer’s positive business outcomes. As such, a significant role is played here in securing Customer retention, growth and advocacy.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Provide Snow best practice and Strategic Consulting advice and guidance for Customers/Partners, focused on exploiting Snow’s software for rapid and ongoing value realization and success. This expertise will typically be delivered in fixed price, lifecycle-based, Services packages and, per the heightened seniority of the role, will tend to be targeted at Snow’s larger and more strategically important Customers.
- Measure and advise on areas for improvement of Customer’s business processes and strategic direction of their SAM practise.
- Work with Snow’s commercial teams to outline the value-exchange to Snow’s Customers in pre-sale situations, or when “farming” the installed base of Customers.
- Be a master in linking “Command of the Message” Sales methodology with delivered, tangible and positive business outcomes.
- Build proactive long-term trusted advisor relationships with selected Customers, particularly in the Enterprise sector, taking responsibility for ensuring those Customers are aware of new product features and the value they can bring in the Customer’s business context.
- Knowledge Artefact contributions to; the Snow Community (Globe), Support Knowledge Base, Pre-Sale assistance.
- As required, deliver specialist Snow Product Training for Snow’s primary software products and provide input to the curriculum development.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Consulting experience, working in a software vendor or Consulting company.
- Experience on Software Asset Management knowledge and practices.
- Licensing knowledge of product use rights for vendors such as Microsoft, Symantec, Adobe, Oracle, IBM.
- Experience in the development of ITAM and/or SAM processes and process flow documentation is desirable.
- Experience troubleshooting application issues in a Customer-facing role, demonstrating strong attention to detail throughout.
- Positive, upbeat attitude with a flexible and proactive approach to the working environment and the ability to work well independently and with others.
- Customer-facing presentation and Consulting skills.
- Exemplary and compelling writing skills.
- Project Manager mentality – focus on time, cost, quality outcomes.
- Agility and flexibility within the working environment.
- Ability to work to strict project deadlines.
Technical / Professional qualifications:
- Propensity to quickly become (if not already) an expert user of Snow’s software, achieving the relevant product certifications.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Desire to own certain Business Consulting value proposition and advocate them internally.
- Familiarity with SAM standards or frameworks (e.g. ISO 19770-X).
- Familiarity with data cleaning, data transformation, and data modelling processes and techniques.
- Familiarity with various IT management / governance frameworks such as ITIL, MOF, COBIT, etc.
- One or more of the following certifications: ITILv3; CITAM; CSAM.
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to your application!