Technical Application Support Specialist - Ottawa
- Ottawa or Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Snow’s mission is to provide complete insight and manageability across all technology.
Snow has built the most complete platform for technology insights and manageability across on-premises and cloud environments. We have been as recognized leader by Gartner in Software Asset Management during the last two years.
Snow has 700 employees in global offices around the world including in Sweden, United States, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Australia and Singapore.
We are supported by a network of over 160 partners and have over 5000 customers spanning more than 60 countries worldwide.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Application Support Specialist to join out Customer Support team to provide support and guidance to our client base on our Cloud Management solutions. With your background in Customer Service and troubleshooting, you will provide a top-notch service to our ever-expanding customer base. We take pride in delivering quality support to our customers and strongly believe this can be a strategic differentiator that helps win business.
This role can be based from anywhere in Ontario, occasional travel might be required to Ottawa office for collaboration purposes.
In this role, you will engage with a wide range of our customers and IT Administrators as well as support the initiatives of our sales team and partners throughout North America.
Our fast-paced development cycle requires you to have the ability to continuously learn new features and technologies, while handling a case load with minimal supervision.
- Provide support and guidance for technically proficient customers managing complex public and private cloud infrastructures
- Working independently or with your teammates to resolve customer issues
- Communicating customer issues to our engineering team and tracking them to resolution
- Providing guidance and recommendations on processes and techniques to automate and orchestrate client environments
- Configuring, deploying and troubleshooting IP networks, virtual infrastructures, cloud based resources and related technologies
- Creation and maintenance of accurate and timely records of all customer communications,
- Creation and maintenance of knowledge base articles and technical documentation.
- Customer onboarding, training and skills transfer
- Participate in after hours, on call rotation
- Effective and efficient English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter, capable of independent learning
As the successful candidate, you will be experienced as follows:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical support role, or other troubleshooting role such as system administrator, desktop support, or DevOps environment.
- Experience with either private cloud or public cloud implementations, such as VMware vCenter, AWS, Azure or Google cloud.
- A strong foundation of network skills with understanding of ports, protocols, routing and switching in both physical and virtual environments
- A solid understanding of foundational IT activities including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, LDAP setup, configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience using Microsoft SQL (running queries, performing backup and restores)
- Installing, customizing and configuring operating systems (Windows & Linux servers)
- Ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions, changing priorities
- Exemplary customer service and communications skills, with strong spoken and written English.
- A passion for learning and self-development.
The following skills will be considered an asset:
- Experience working in a corporate datacenter
- Understanding of API integrations
- Scripting experience in any language with a preference for PowerShell
- Experience with Microsoft SCVMM, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Oracle Cloud, KVM
- Understanding / experience in DevOps environments
- Technical writing/documentation experience
- Comfortable with public speaking/leading group sessions
- A healthy balance of confidence and humbleness
- A heightened sense of responsibility
- A self-starter who thrives in a self-organizing team
- Able to argue like you're right and listen like you're not
- An instinctive understanding of what is sufficient and what is too much
- Comfortable with dynamic roles and relationships
- Craves openness and feedback
- Dislikes working in isolation
- Seeks out areas of improvement and contributes to the team’s growth
- Willing to express opinions, make mistakes, and learn quickly
Snow Commander Hybrid Cloud Management platform is built from the ground up on a common architecture to deliver an all-in-one solution that supports multiple hypervisors and multiple clouds. Commander, is used by organizations including Nordstrom, NASA, Informatica, HBO, NTT Data, and more.
This is a chance for you succeed in an environment where you will have the ability to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside collaborative and approachable colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success - the world's largest enterprises and most trusted institutions use Snow to optimize their software, applications, hardware and cloud investments. Here at Snow, our entire team is focused on the success of our customers. We believe that a single platform, built from the most innovative products, can revolutionize our industry. Today, IT leaders have a unique opportunity to transform and protect their organizations, and we are here to help. Ready to work at the edge of innovation. If so, we are hiring future-focused and customer-centric team players all over the world.