QA Automation Engineer
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
As a QA automation engineer at Snow, you will collaborate closely with developers and product owners to ensure our products are high quality and robust. You will be actively involved from design to execution, your work will greatly impact our products and customers. This role can be based from anywhere in Ontario, occasional travel might be required to Ottawa office for collaboration purposes.
Test automation is a key part of our strategy to deliver value to customers as quickly as we can. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a small agile team, with the freedom to move quickly and develop innovative solutions
- Work with modern technologies in a complex and evolving problem domain
- Be a key part of our SaaS delivery model
- Build out critical components of our SAM portfolio that are high demand by our customer base
- Create integration and end-to-end system tests cover major usage scenarios
- Participate in requirements analysis and feature definition to ensure new features can be tested by an automated system
- Design and execute test plans for new functionality
- Document software defects, and work with the team to get them resolved
- Configure and maintain test environments
As the successful candidate, you will be a QA automation engineer with a minimum of 3 years of experience writing and maintaining automated tests. You keep the customer in mind, want to understand the real problems that we aim to solve, and make sure that our products solve them! You want the functionality you help produce to be adopted by and to delight the end user.
- Experience building automated tests for a SaaS-delivered, microservices-based web application
- Experience building tests using a systems level language - .NET or Java
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, technologies, and solutions
- A proven history of delivering customer impacting features in an agile environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with containers or Kubernetes would be an asset
- A great balance of confidence and humility
- Argue like you’re right and listen like you’re not
- Craves openness and feedback
- A self-starter who thrives in a self-organizing team
- Seeks out area of improvement and contribute to growth of the team
- A willingness to express opinions, make mistakes, and learn quickly
This is a chance for you succeed in an environment where you will have the ability to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside collaborative and approachable colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success - the world's largest enterprises and most trusted institutions use Snow to optimize their software, applications, hardware and cloud investments. Here at Snow, our entire team is focused on the success of our customers. We believe that a single platform, built from the most innovative products, can revolutionize our industry. Today, IT leaders have a unique opportunity to transform and protect their organizations, and we are here to help. Ready to work at the edge of innovation. If so, we are hiring future-focused and customer-centric team players all over the world.