Senior Software Engineer / Full Stack Developer
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
We are looking to expand our engineering team and aggressively broaden the Snow Commander platform capabilities into additional leading-edge cloud computing technology areas and are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer / Full Stack Developer to join our development team in Ottawa. This role can be based from anywhere in Ontario, occasional travel might be required to Ottawa office for collaboration purposes.
You will be developing in Java, so if you have Java skills then great! Otherwise, we are seeking strong developers in related technologies such as .Net, C++, or Python who are interested in getting into Java and have great transferable skills.
Why would you want to join our team?:
- You’ll build high-impact, customer-facing features in our award-winning cloud management platform.
- The problem domain that we work on is interesting and always evolving. We integrate with and utilize modern hybrid cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Terraform, and containers.
- Customers use our product every day to solve real problems. The product is a critical part of the Snow portfolio, and our work feels relevant and important.
- We have a commitment to always improve. Problems are actioned, not ignored. We encourage the team to question what we do and how we do it.
- Colleagues are smart, helpful, and kind. Cross functional teams ensure that there are no silos.
- We believe that work/life balance is important. We provide flexibility in work hours and the ability to work from home.
- Work in teams and individually to implement product functionality – design, code, unit test, integration tests
- Participate in requirements analysis and feature definition
- Contribute to system architecture design
- Find simple ways to solve complex problems that provide high customer value
As the successful candidate, you will be a full stack Developer with strong development capabilities. You keep the customer in mind and want the functionality you implement to be adopted by and to delight the end user.
- Experience building modern Java-based web applications preferred
- A proven history of delivering customer impacting features in an agile environment
- Experience with some of the following would definitely be an asset:
- Application technology: Spring, Hibernate, Angular, PrimeFaces
- Data modelling and DB query optimization
- RESTful web services
- Public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Virtualization (VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- A great balance of confidence and humility
- Argue like you’re right and listen like you’re not
- Craves openness and feedback
- A self-starter who thrives in a self-organizing team
- Seeks out area of improvement and contribute to growth of the team
- A willingness to express opinions, make mistakes, and learn quickly
We look forward to your application.
This is a chance for you succeed in an environment where you will have the ability to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside collaborative and approachable colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success - the world's largest enterprises and most trusted institutions use Snow to optimize their software, applications, hardware and cloud investments. Here at Snow, our entire team is focused on the success of our customers. We believe that a single platform, built from the most innovative products, can revolutionize our industry. Today, IT leaders have a unique opportunity to transform and protect their organizations, and we are here to help. Ready to work at the edge of innovation. If so, we are hiring future-focused and customer-centric team players all over the world.