- Austin, TX, USA
Snow’s mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
Responsible for Accounting & Financial Reporting (“A&RT”) for a specific set of functional responsibilities within the Americas and APAC Shared Service Centre. The Shared Service Centre (“SSC”) contains 10 subsidiaries. The Senior Accountant (“SA”) may also have Global A&RT duties depending on periodic rotation within the Global team.
Based out of the Austin (Texas, USA) office, reporting to the Solna (Stockholm, Sweden) office with dotted line reporting within the Austin office.
Meeting the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and compliance requirements will be critical part of the job role. Alongside these, ad-hoc projects will be taken up to develop and optimize existing processes across the finance team and the broader organization.
- Accountable for the bookkeeping functional areas through monthly, quarterly and annual reporting cycles.
- Coordinate with other departments (e.g. Treasury, AP, AR, etc.) to ensure alignment on closing schedules and day to day financial activities.
- Compliance activities to external stakeholders (e.g. VAT, Financial Statements, Corporate Tax etc.). Identification of compliance requirements through to delivery of forms/documentation.
- Have an proactive role as an internal stakeholder for process optimization and implementation projects.
- Act as a key point of contact for annual group audit activities. Coordination elements for the audit timeline and the fulfilment of audit requests.
- Timely periodic reporting for functional areas and the SSC.
- Accurate bookkeeping within functional areas. Linked to having up to date knowledge of accounting developments.
- Performing accurate and timely reconciliations and clear overall understanding of activity.
- Subsidiaries remaining compliant with all external stakeholders.
- Proactivity in identifying areas for improvement in the existing processes.
- High level of experience and competence in accounting (min. 2 years)
- Experience with enterprise accounting systems (e.g. SAP, Sage Intacct, Navision etc.)
- Strong fluency in Microsoft Office suite tools.
- Generally Accepted Audit Principles (GAAP) / IFRS
- Comfortable in a complex global environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Snow Software is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We are always committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Discrimination is not welcome on the basis of any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.