Performance Engineering Lead
- Bracknell, UK
Snow Software is changing the way organizations think about their technology investments, empowering IT and business leaders to drive transformation with precision and agility, today and into the future. That's technology intelligence.
This is an excellent opportunity presents itself for an experienced principal performance engineer to join a performance engineering team to work on a variety of application development projects. The individual will work closely with architecture teams, technical product leads, and developers to assist in both logical and physical solution design of the core platform.
- Demonstrate a passion for performance testing, tuning, optimization of workloads
- Drive improvements and adoption of performance test frameworks, following the principles of the open-source movement, CNCF in particular
- Developing software to enhance the performance engineering capability of the tribe and be able to confidently explain performance testing concepts to technical and non-technical clients
- Contributing to the delivery and success of our Software as a Service (saas) platform
- Comfortable with taking full ownership of the Non-Functional test process, which includes ownership and sign-off of release builds and in-depth issue investigation
- Performing Non-Functional testing within an agile software development environment with a view to aiding continuous delivery via CircleCI or similar
- Ask the right questions to produce performance test strategies, plans, and workload models
- Building and designing real-world test scenarios that are integrated into the continuous delivery pipelines
- Create, build and evangelize performance engineering within a dynamic, multidisciplinary organization
- Be able to analyse and assimilate infrastructure resource metrics such as CPU Utilization, Memory usage, Network usage, Garbage Collection, and DB Parameters and DB Reports verifying the performance of applications and Infrastructure respectively.
- Identifying memory leaks, connection issues & bottleneck problems in the infrastructure and application
To succeed in this role you must have…
- Strong exposure to using DevOps tools for integrating performance feedback capture with continuous testing
- Good understanding of microservice-based architectures and API component testing
- Strong experience with monitoring/visualization/time series/observability technologies is desirable eg Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Sumologic
- Able to analyze and assimilate infrastructure resource metrics such as CPU Utilization, Memory usage, Network usage, Garbage Collection, and DB Parameters and DB Reports verifying the performance of applications and Infrastructure respectively.
- Expertise in application, infrastructure, and database tuning and optimization would be a distinct advantage
- Expertise in Performance Testing tools using JMeter/Performance center/eggplant/selenium
- Knowledge and experience of containerization technologies eg Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, AKS
- Strong Cloud experience in Azure or AWS
- Experience leading large workshops, gamedays, hackathon-style collaborative sessions to surface knowledge, gaps that lead to continuous improvements.
- Interested in working with productized CNCF & cutting edge technologies
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.