Internal Communications Specialist
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Every organisation on this globe is using technology to run their business. Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions (yes, you read that correctly) spent on all forms of technology is optimised to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organisations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimise usage and spend and minimise regulatory risk.
Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centres than any other asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners. Every team member in Snow’s Tribe is committed to helping our customers thrive in an era of digital transformation
The internal communications specialist at Snow Software will play an important role in shaping and fostering the global Snow Tribe community. Proactively driving communications and engagement activities and campaigns to ensure that all our employees feel part of the exciting journey towards our mission and vision.
While it is a global job with an all-company focus, part of the job will also be to support one of our functions in particular – Our Global Product Team. So basically, the role combines partnering with leaders and employees in the Product Team to drive Internal Communications and engagement activities for the Product team, with proactively supporting and driving Internal Communication projects and initiatives for the Global organization.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
Product Team communications
- Support the development and implementation of communications strategies.
- Conceive and execute transparent and consistent communications using appropriate channels (Newsletter, Confluence, Intranet, etc…)
- Enhance internal information flows and explore ways to promote a positive team culture.
- Aligned with L&D strategy and plan; Support various internal events for sharing information & knowledge (e.g., Lunch & Learns
Product Team events & Ways of Working
- Lead planning of various events (e.g., hackathons, level up, onboarding events for Engineers)
- Support various projects to improve WoW (e.g., SOT surveys, Processes)
External Events/Snow participation (Candidate engagement activities)
- Internal Communication around the event (before, during and after)
- Social Media team engagement for external communication.
Global Events, Ways of Working and Internal Communication
- Support to meet Global WoW & IC objectives and key results (e.g., internal comms and events, employee engagement activities, employer brand)
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the WoW & IC team; including coordination and execution of both strategic as well as administrative activities.
- Lead work on and prepare a diverse range of information communications collateral supporting various campaign initiatives.
- Guide teams regarding their communication activities.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- 5+ years professional background in employee engagement and internal communications, preferably in a global environment.
- Experience using digital communications platforms and tools.
- Solid knowledge of M365 tools
- Video editing knowledge preferred.
- Event organization experience desirable
- Social media and Employer Brand experience is a plus.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Very strong communications skills and solid experience of internal communications.
- Accomplished, engaging storyteller with a nose for a story, focus to obtain it and then disseminate it across a variety of platforms, making it relevant to a range of different audiences.
- Ability to flourish in an ambiguous environment.
- Hands-on and operational, self-starter who is able to operate independently to a high level.
- Creative and skilled across a broad set of communication platforms.
- Ability to build successful relationships at all levels and influence key stakeholders.
- Focus to complete a project regardless of the challenges.
- Innovative thinker and able to drive creative ideas and embed them in the business.
- Global perspective, culturally flexible and sensitive.
- Team player
This is a chance for you be involved in a high growth and exciting transformation and to develop your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a significant impact. Every day you will get to work alongside great, down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of technology intelligence and products related to this. If you are the right person for the role, we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.