Principal Technical Consultant – Cloud Management
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Snow’s mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Technical Consultant – Cloud Management to join our USA Professional Services Division. This role will be focused on Snow’s Cloud Management Platform (CMP). You will act as technical lead on Customer projects, being responsible for carrying out scoping workshops, technical implementations and integrations, as well as coding bespoke automation routines. Furthermore, as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) you will support complex matters regarding Snow’s CMP for our Customers and Partners on projects that vary in size and technical depth. This role is a dynamic and challenging opportunity that complements and extends the strengths of Snow’s CMP for the benefit of our customers. It is also a pivotal role for developing Snow’s best practices and Professional Services offerings based on the CMP technology.
As the Principal Technical Consultant – Cloud Management, your key responsibilities will include:
· Ownership for defining and iterating Snow’s global delivery best practises and methodology around the Cloud Management Platform (CMP).
· Ownership for the definition and ongoing development of Snow’s Professional Services offerings around the CMP.
· Bringing leadership and substantial knowledge contributions to internal and external stakeholders, being a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the CMP.
· Mentoring less senior or cross-skilling Consulting colleagues around CMP delivery best practises and methodology.
· Scoping, technical and functional design, and programmatic delivery of CMP solutions to Customers, whilst leveraging the global best practises methodology approach to meet the Customer's expected positive business outcomes.
· Provision of adhoc CMP-related Technical Consulting services to Customers that bring credibility, anecdotes, and relevant Snow content to scoping activities, estimates, and solution designs.
· Creation of high-quality Customer-facing documentation, templates and guides as applicable.
· Designing integrations by analyzing Customer requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, and writing specifications.
· Writing integrations using a variety of scripting languages to help Snow’s Customers and technology Partners extend their capabilities in their hybrid cloud environments.
· Providing support and guidance for technically proficient Customers in managing complex public and private cloud infrastructures.
· Providing guidance and recommendations on processes and techniques to automate and orchestrate Customer environments.
· Supporting pre-sale scenarios as applicable with expert contributions that move the deal forwards, secure Customer or Partner confidence and bring clarity to how value will be realized.
· Delivering standard Product Training on occasion to support Snow’s Global Training team.
This is an internationally focused position with travel expected across the US region and averaging up to 30% of the time. It should be noted that significant parts of the Technical Consulting service can be provided successfully on a remote basis.
You will be a highly experienced Cloud specialist, having experience with private cloud (VMware) and public cloud implementations (AWS / Azure / Google Cloud Platform). You will also have experience of the following:
· Advanced knowledge and experience in software architecture, design, implementation and deployment and good understanding of APIs.
· Proven and extensive experience of working with some or all of: Windows Server environments (Active Directory, SQL, Windows Server Administration and Development (Scripting, Store Procedures, Views, Queries, Transact-SQL)), Internet Information Services, Virtualization (Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare) and Cloud Platform as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
· Previous experience in Process/Workflow modelling.
· Self-service portal development / implementation and experience from workflow products like Microsoft Orchestrator, Window Workflow Foundation.
· Understanding / experience in DevOps environments is advantageous.
· Experience with containers environments (Docker, Kubernetes) is advantageous.
You will be Customer-focused, with the ability to become a trusted advisor to the Customer by listening to and understanding their needs and translating these into solutions. You will have deep hands-on technical knowledge, the ability to work under deadlines and to be able to prioritize appropriately.
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious.
We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role, we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.