Platform Operations Engineer - Cloud, Azure
- Solna, Sweden
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
Snow is on a journey to transform our market-leading offering to cloud-native microservices delivered as a SaaS service. A key part of this transformation is to create a state-of-the-art Platform Operations team to manage the solutions across a variety of cloud platforms.
We are currently looking to recruit 2 Platform Automation Engineers to join this new team, and be based from our offices in Ottawa. The technology stack will evolve continuously in the coming years, moving from a combination of microservices and virtual machines to a fully microservices based architecture. The Platform Engineer will work very tightly with the technology, product and operations leads to define the path we take for the next 3-5 years.
The development teams focus heavily on ownership and the quality aspects of the development cycle where the developer of each service is responsible for ensuring that relevant monitoring, alerting and logging capabilities are built into the service and that automated test suites are continuously updated. The Platform/ Automation Engineer will be working closely with the SRE and DevOps teams to ensure that the service delivery pipeline, monitoring and health checks are fully automated and that the operating environments are adequately patched and maintained to a high standard.
This is a unique opportunity to work with leading cloud technologies and methodologies as well as being a key player in the definition and implementation of Snows SaaS offering.
Responsibilities To Include:
- Participate in architecting and implementing Snow’s enterprise hosting platforms
- Automating repeatable tasks
- Ensuring availability, scalability and resilience of our enterprise hosting and SaaS like platform and services
- Collaborate across a global team structure that spans APAC, EMEA and AMER
- Assist in documenting and implementing processes, workflows, user manuals and present to stakeholders as necessary
As the successful candidate, you will be an experienced Platform Operations / Infrastructure Automation / DevOps Engineer with an appetite for learning new technologies. You will have strong experience around Azure / AWS, and will be experienced in:
- Infrastructure-as-code (IaC)
- Reasonable proficiency in at least one of Terraform, PowerShell, Bash, Ansible, Python , Go
- Broad technical and working knowledge of multi-cloud provider hosting, Software Defined Networks (SDN), Microsoft Azure, AWS, Kubernetes, docker, Windows, Linux, SQL Server
- Experience debugging complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
- Strong knowledge of virtualisation technologies and software defined networks
You will be a strong team player, and have good communication skills, and be able to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely, and will be able to be on-call when needed (on a rota basis).
What We Have To Offer:
- Opportunity to set up state of the art way of operating in collaboration with our Platform and SRE teams.
- A start-up mentality in an international company with an open-door mentality
- A truly multicultural and multinational environment
- Flexible working hours on trust as well as a self-determined work-life balance
- An attractive and modern-equipped working environment
This is a chance for you succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role, we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to your application.