Subject Matter Expert - 3rd Line Support
- Bracknell, UK
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
Snow Software is looking to add to its growing technical support team with an opportunity to add another Subject Matter Expert to the backline support team. We are looking for a dynamic Backline Technical Support Engineer with exceptional focus on quality customer support. The role will encompass providing technical support to our customer and partner base, resolving issues by utilizing widely available resources, teams and your own skills and experience. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years in a similar role, as well as proven exceptional customer facing experience.
You will be working within a regional support team, to resolve customer and partner technical issues attaining high levels of customer satisfaction along with adhering to initial and ongoing service level targets. Your daily duties will be varied across the latest technologies.
Role duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing technical support and maintenance on all Snows Products
- Provide advanced troubleshooting of escalated support cases ensuring effective resolution and mentoring the support team to reduce the amount of escalations by knowledge sharing.
- Recreate potential software problems within our test environment, create problem records and ensure these are tracked and resolved by working closely with the Sustaining Engineering team, perform hot fixes and workarounds if required.
- Act as the conduit between customers and engineering, when necessary, to resolve challenging technical issues faced by our customers. Advocate for your customer and effectively manage expectations throughout support engagements by owning the Communication to customers throughout the lifecycle of support cases until effective resolution.
- Create and update content within the support knowledge base ensuring we share knowledge for new issues in a timely and effective manner.
- To successfully identify and create Problem Records/Defects within Service cloud/Jira.
- Contribute to the development of the Support Organisation through knowledge sharing, informal Mentoring and support, design, and delivery of training sessions.
- Proactively identify opportunities to develop own skills and expertise and to stay abreast of changes.
- Participate in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies related to software development and Support.
- Improve the customer experience through point in time technical assistance and closed support case reviews to identify and address continuous service improvement opportunities.
What we require from you:
- A minimum of 5 years Technical Support experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Networking, Active Directory, Virtualization, IIS and Operating Systems
- Advanced Knowledge of O365 (Configuration and administration knowledge desired)
- Supporting SQL based technologies/software including SQL querying, deletion and edit scripts
- Advanced understanding of cloud technologies and experience supporting products and solutions delivered as a service.
- SAM experience
- Supporting UNIX/Linux based technologies/software
- Advanced Knowledge of one or more of the following Products: ServiceNow, Salesforce, Adobe, Oracle, Gsuite and IBM
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent time management, decision making, prioritization and organization skills.
- Be a team player, promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- Create and maintain technical knowledgebase articles
- Welcomes challenging environments to apply specialist skills, maintaining customer confidence.
- Proven technical diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of ITIL framework
- Eager to learn new skills and technologies.
- Willingness to travel to attend company events or training
Who you are:
The successful candidate must be willing and able to work in a busy, dynamic environment. They must be able to work as part of both local and global teams to deliver customer excellence and success. The ideal candidate must be attention focused and hold a high degree of accountability to help build and protect the strong Snow Software brand image.
This is a chance for you succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role, we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to your application.