VP Engineering – SAM & Platform
- Solna, Sweden
Snow’s mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
As VP of Engineering, you will own, build and lead the SAM and platform engineering teams ensuring that we are continuously driving customer value and achieving predictability without compromising quality, security, and stability.
You will be a key driver in the development and delivery of Snow’s SAM portfolio of products and lead the work to build Snow’s new platform.
- Lead all aspects of building and delivering Snow’s SAM products and new platform.
- Communicate and get buy-in from stakeholders on the engineering strategy for the platform, specifically how we build and deliver products on the new platform.
- Drive the delivery of SAM capabilities, in a predictable and high-quality way.
- Hire, mentor, and retain technical leaders and build a strong leadership team that facilitates and drives continuous improvements together with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure the engineering organization is agile, dynamic, and adaptable by refining engineering processes as well as encouraging and fostering a culture where people feel inspired and motivated.
- Be a customer facing leader, dealing with customer delivery challenges, and ensuring high customer retention.
To succeed in this role we believe you have
- Excellent English, written, and oral communication
- Strong leadership skills including vision-setting, goal setting, coaching, team building, empowerment, and cross-functional communication
- Strong business acumen to help ensure that engineering vision can meet operational realities.
- The ability to motivate, influence, and guide team members, peers, and direct reports
- A thorough understanding of current technologies and frameworks
- Significant experience of SaaS - architecture, operations, and cloud technologies
- Experience leading globally distributed teams of at least 200 people
- Experience as an software engineer or engineering manager
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.