Product Owner - Cloud Management Platform, Ottawa
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
We are expanding our team to aggressively broaden Snow Commander’s leading-edge cloud computing technology and are looking for a Product Owner to join the Product Management team. As Product Owner, you play a critical role in transforming product ideas into great products that our customers love! You will be part of our agile, end-to-end innovation process, optimized for fast learning. This includes close collaboration with one or more engineering teams, where you own the backlog to ensure that priorities deliver expected outcomes. You will be driving product ideas through a customer-centric ideation process, and work with engineering teams through the delivery process towards the final release, including uptake by users.
Why would you want to join our team?
- You’ll be able to exercise considerable freedom to understand our customers deeply, and ensure that our solutions are relevant and high imapct
- The problem domain that we work on is interesting and always evolving. We integrate with and utilize modern hybrid cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Terraform, and containers.
- Customers use our product every day to solve real problems. The product is a critical part of the Snow portfolio, and our work feels relevant and important.
- We have a commitment to always improve. Problems are actioned, not ignored. We encourage the team to question what we do and how we do it.
- Colleagues are smart, helpful, and kind. Cross functional teams ensure that there are no silos.
- We believe that work/life balance is important. We provide flexibility in work hours and the ability to work from home.
- Engage with customers and bring feedback into teams
- Participate in cross-functional teams to execute and deliver value incrementally
- Align team direction to overall product vision and roadmap
- Maintain and prioritize engineering team backlog
- Follow up on releases, post-release feedback, and feature success
- Drive ideas through product ideation with user involvement
To succeed in this role, you must have…
- Experience with cloud and/or IT data center technologies
- Understanding of agile development methodology
- Experience working with engineering and other cross-functional teams
- Strong understanding of stakeholder relationships
- Business acumen to perform business analysis and document requirement in the context of business value and outcomes for customers
- Negotiation skills for prioritization and change management
- Outstanding communication and motivation skills to energize teams
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to keep teams on track
- Great collaborations and teamwork traits
It’s also nice if you have…
- Experience with Jira and Aha!
- More than 3 years of experience working as a product owner or similar role
- A Scrum Product Owner certification
- Experience with one or more of the following: workflow automation, UX design, DevOps technologies
- A great balance of confidence and humility
- Argue like you’re right and listen like you’re not
- Craves openness and feedback
- A self-starter who thrives in a self-organizing team
- Seeks out area of improvement and contribute to growth of the team
- A willingness to express opinions, make mistakes, and learn quickly
This is a chance for you succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role, we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to your application.