Senior Business Consultant - Licensing
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Snow’s mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
The Senior Business Consultant - Licensing is responsible for helping Snow’s Customers by providing expert advice and hands-on assistance with the recording, managing and reconciling of license entitlements within Snow software solutions, following Snow’s best practices for leveraging said software for maximum business benefit as well as assisting Snow’s Customers gain the full value of Snow’s software products and assuring the Customer’s positive business outcomes. As such, a significant role is played here in securing Customer retention, growth and advocacy.
- Snow Best Practices Consulting advice and guidance for Customer/Partner licensing analysts in using Snow’s software.
- Consulting assistance to help measure and advise aimed at improving business processes and strategic direction of the Customer’s SAM practise.
- Advice and provide Licensing Optimization Services.
- Be a product champion for one or more key software publishers within the Snow organization as well as SME on the latest licensing requirements and changes.
- Work with Snow’s Field organization in selling Snow’s value proposition and Professional Services.
- Build proactive long-term trusted advisor relationships with Customers.
- As required, deliver specialist Snow Product Training for Snow’s primary software products and provide input to the curriculum development.
• Consulting experience working with all roles within Customer organizations.
• Experience of Software Asset Management knowledge and practices.
• Licensing knowledge of product use rights for vendors such as Microsoft, Symantec, Adobe, Oracle, IBM.
• Experience in the development of ITAM and/or SAM processes and process flow documentation.
• Experience troubleshooting application issues in a Customer-facing role, demonstrating strong attention to detail throughout.
• Positive, upbeat attitude with a flexible and pro-active approach to the working environment and the ability to work well independently and with others.
• Strong Customer-facing presentation and Consulting skills, including well-honed political savvy skills.
• Agility and flexibility within the working environment.
• Ability to work to strict project deadlines.
Technical / Professional qualifications:
• Propensity to quickly become (if not already) an expert user of Snow’s software, achieving the relevant product certifications.
• Familiarity with data cleaning, data transformation, and data modelling processes and techniques.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
• Familiarity with SAM standards or frameworks (e.g. ISO 19770-X).
• Familiarity with various IT management / governance frameworks such as ITIL, MOF, COBIT, etc.
• Vendor specific certifications such as Microsoft MCP exams for Delivering Software Asset Management and Volume Licensing Solutions
• One or more of the following certifications: CITAM; CSAM; ITIL Foundation.
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious.
We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role, we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.