Site Reliability Engineer
- Sydney NSW, Australia
Snow’s mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
Snow is on a journey to transform our market-leading offering to cloud-native microservices delivered as a SaaS service. A key part of this transformation is to create a state-of-the-art operations team to manage the solutions across a variety of cloud platforms.
This role will suit an experienced visionary of the SRE and DevOps worlds who can lead our push into SaaS space. The technology stack will evolve continuously in the coming years, moving from a combination of microservices and virtual machines to a fully microservices based architecture. The SRE will work very tightly with the technology, product and operations leads to define the path we take for the next 3-5 years. It means, a lot of freedom and a lot of responsibility.
The development teams focuses heavily on ownership and the quality aspects of the development cycle where the developer of each service is responsible for ensuring that relevant monitoring, alerting and logging capabilities are built into the service and that automated test suites are continuously updated. The SRE will be working closely with the development teams to ensure that the service delivery pipeline, monitoring and health checks are fully automated.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the leading cloud technologies and methodologies as well as being a key player in the definition and implementation of Snows SaaS offering.
Who we are looking for:
- An SRE visionary, who knows which technologies that will be the next big thing in SRE and why
- A self-starter, able to architect, build, drive and advocate for Snow SRE solution
- Experience and capability to take a whiteboard discussion to a finished process or solution through collaboration
- Someone who has the experience of working with multiple stakeholders on different levels, from C-level executives to developers
- Have worked in agile, iterative development environment spanning the globe
- A passion for improving and a desire to work in a strong culture of empowerment responsibilities
- Participate in architecting and implementing Snow’s cloud infrastructure
- Ensuring availability, scalaility and resilience of our SaaS platform and services
- Decreasing overall lead time from idea to customer service
- Provide continuous feedback from the services and applications back to developers
- Evangelize SRE and DevOps through workshops and training sessions
- Assist in documenting and implementing processes, workflows, user manuals and present to stakeholders as necessary
- 2+ years of experience at the architect level and;
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer, or as a developer in SaaS based/enterprise applications
- Previous experience within an SRE, DevOps, Agile Development or Systems Engineering / automation role
- Development experience in .NET Core, ARM, PowerShell, Bash, Ansible, Python
- Broad technical and working knowledge of microservices toolchain, Kubernetes, docker, Windows, Linux, Prometheus, Grafana, NATS, Azure, AWS, SQL Server
- Able to be on-call when needed
What we have to offer:
- Opportunity to set up state of the art way of working with SRE without large amounts of legacy to consider A diverse and fascinating job with interesting customers
- A start-up mentality in an international company with an open-door mentality
- A truly multicultural and multinational environment
- Flexible working hours on trust as well as a self-determined work-life balance
- An attractive and modern-equipped working environment
Snow Software is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We are always committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Discrimination is not welcome on the basis of any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.