Senior Accountant – Revenue Recognition and Technical Accounting
- Austin, TX, USA
Snow’s mission is to provide complete insight and manageability across all technology. We ensure the trillions spent on all forms of technology drives maximum value. Today, more than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide visibility, optimize usage and spend, minimize risk and enhance services. Every team member, from leadership to the front lines, is committed to helping our customers thrive in an era of digital transformation.
Snow's Corporate Accounting team has an exciting new opening! The Senior - Revenue Recognition and Technical Accounting evaluates and provides feedback and summaries of recent or pending transaction structures, and supports the organization to help reduce the risk of a misstatement of revenue or other pervasive business risks across the Group. The Senior is responsible for detailed and accurate work product, providing thorough analyses of transaction structure, and effectively summarizing issues encountered to the Corporate Controller and other members of management.
In this role, the Senior supports internal relationships across various organizations within the business, develops relationships with various client groups and employee levels, maintains/updates/develops current process and SOX controls, and performs other tasks as needed.
Critical to succeeding in this role is the ability to take ownership of areas, to critically think through an array of scenarios and gain a detailed understanding and critically-thinking through proposed transaction structures. Additionally, the ability to provide detailed and business-savvy feedback to various levels of management, and the ability to be a part of a dynamic and energetic team within a fast-paced organization will enable success in this role.
What you will be doing:
- Assist in developing / assessing key and non-key SOX controls for the Revenue process (10%)
- Determine appropriate Revenue Recognition across a wide array of transactions for various geographical regions (15%)• Perform monthly and quarterly SOX controls that relate to global revenue practices (25%)
- Includes exposure to members of Senior Management
- Serve as contact for global revenue recognition to help ensure accuracy of revenue presentation
- Perform critical analysis of pending transaction structures proposed by the business (10%)
- Assist in Technical Accounting matters as needed to support the organization (10%)
- Technical accounting position papers.
- Accounting standard implementations.
- Serve as a liaison to the business and a resource for various accounting questions and projects (10%)
- Maintain / update summary listing of accounting issues, work with management to summarize key issues and exposure items, and clearly articulate summaries and positions taken (10%)
- Work closely with SOX Audit Team and the external auditors for coordinating audits and reviews. (10%)
Bachelors' degree in Accounting required.
- Typically requires 4-5 years of related experience with a 4 year degree. 2-3 years of Big 4 experience preferred
- CPA highly desired
- Ability to take responsibility and make decisions to support worldwide operations.
- Strong analytical, documentation, and critical thinking skills are essential.
- Well-developed interpersonal skillset and polished business acumen.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement, when necessary.
- Detail oriented & Ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated, time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work with varying levels of colleagues.
- Strong familiarity of accounting principles.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
This is a chance for you to join a challenging and inspiring environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. Together we create an innovative environment that drives Snow forward. If you are the right person for the role you will be part of a fantastic journey in a dynamic, high-growth business.
We are looking forward to your application.