Software Developer with Golang skills
- ., ON, Canada
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology is optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
We are currently recruiting for a Full Stack Developer with Golang skills to join a new engineering development team in Ottawa. We are dedicated to building out our SAM container solution. This role can be based from anywhere in Ontario, occasional travel might be required to Ottawa office for collaboration purposes.
As a full stack developer you'll be working primarily with GO and React. If you are a Java or .NET developer and want to transition to Go and work with containers, let’s talk. We're looking for great developers with transferrable skills.
You’ll be working in different cloud platforms, orchestration frameworks and containers.
Why would you want to join our team?
As a developer at Snow, you will collaborate closely with domain experts and stakeholders to ensure requirements are met. Actively involved from design to execution, your decisions will greatly impact our products and customers. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a small agile team, with the freedom to move quickly and develop innovative solutions.
- Solve interesting problems in an evolving domain.
- Work with strong cross-functional teams on a critical project in a new area of development.
- Solve problems with different container frameworks and software asset management.
- Build out critical components of our SAM portfolio that are in high demand by our customers.
- We believe that work/life balance is important. We provide flexibility in work hours and the ability to work from home.
- Implement full stack product functionality – design, code, and test
- Participate in requirements analysis and feature definition
- Contribute to system architecture
As the successful candidate, you will be a full stack developer with a minimum of 3 years of experience. You keep the customer in mind and want the functionality you implement to be adopted by and to delight the end user.
Experienced building modern applications using Go or JAVA. You will be developing in Go, we believe that skilled developers can transfer their skills between languages.
Experienced in front-end development with a preference towards React.
- A proven history of delivering customer impacting features in an agile environment
- Experience with some of the following would be an asset:
- Containers or Kubernetes
- Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
- RESTful web services
- Data modelling and DB query optimization (MongoDB, Cosmos DB)
- A great balance of confidence and humility
- Argue like you’re right and listen like you’re not
- Craves openness and feedback
- A self-starter who thrives in a self-organizing team
- Seeks out area of improvement and contribute to growth of the team
- A willingness to express opinions, make mistakes, and learn quickly
This is a chance for you succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role, we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to your application.
This is a chance for you succeed in an environment where you will have the ability to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside collaborative and approachable colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success - the world's largest enterprises and most trusted institutions use Snow to optimize their software, applications, hardware and cloud investments. Here at Snow, our entire team is focused on the success of our customers. We believe that a single platform, built from the most innovative products, can revolutionize our industry. Today, IT leaders have a unique opportunity to transform and protect their organizations, and we are here to help. Ready to work at the edge of innovation. If so, we are hiring future-focused and customer-centric team players all over the world.