Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Native Data Backend
- Solna, Sweden
Snow Software is the global leader in technology intelligence solutions, ensuring the trillions spent on all forms of technology are optimized to drive maximum value. More than 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Snow's platform to provide complete visibility, optimize usage and spend, and minimize regulatory risk. Headquartered in Stockholm, Snow has more local offices and regional support centers than any other software asset and cloud management provider, delivering unparalleled results to our customers and partners.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to join a team building our global scale cloud native microservices Data Warehouse.
Our new Data Warehouse solution aims to create a single endpoint for accessing and managing data from a vast pool of sources and structures with exciting requirements such as handling terabytes of data in real-time. We use a multi-cloud strategy where the software stack is built with a mix of programming languages such as .NET Core and Go as well as database technologies like Graph databases and GraphQL.
We believe in the DevOps culture where high collaboration is key in an environment where all team members have shared responsibility for development, maintenance, and operations of our software. The team focuses heavily on the accountability and quality aspects of the development cycle where the developer of each service is responsible for ensuring that relevant monitoring, alerting and logging capabilities are built into the service and that automated test suites are continuously updated. Furthermore, each developer is responsible for acting on issues which shows up in the production, staging and development environments.
The role and responsibility will change continuously within the team as we strive to match given problems with the right technologies and expertise throughout the development process.
This job presents a unique opportunity to work with the leading cloud technologies and programming languages as we transform our market-leading offering to cloud-native microservices. The team you will be working in will have a high degree of freedom to design and drive the implementation of a state of the art data warehouse solution without large amounts of legacy to consider. Don’t miss this opportunity!
Key characteristics of a software engineer in the Data Backend team
- Tech savvy and passionate about technology with an open mind
- Good knowledge and experience in software architecture, design, implementation and deployment
- Experience building public consumer facing APIs, along with, for example GraphQL
- Experience of building and maintaining large scale SaaS solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and programming languages when needed, for example Go and Graph databases
- Strong knowledge in .NET Core with a willingness to chip in where needed
Bonus skills and experience
- Wide database experience (NoSQL, SQL, Event Sourcing etc)
- Graph database experience
- GraphQL experience
- Experience with streaming data, for example Nats Streaming, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Experience in building microservices in an event-driven architecture using .NET Core
- Open-source technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Prometheus
This is a chance for you to succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role, we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to your application.