Snow’s mission is to stop organisations overpaying for the software they use. We help organisations optimise software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on-premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management (SAM) solutions. Today, Snow is the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff in key regional locations all over the world. To sustain our exponential growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them.
Snow Software is currently seeking a Pre-Sales Consultant based in Singapore to capitalise on the company's momentum in the region and help us to grow within Asia’s expanding SAM market.
You will have the opportunity to enhance and secure qualitative dialogue with the top enterprise customers in South-east Asia and play a key key role in Snow’s regional growth.
We are looking for a flexible, business and service-minded person with a good commercial and technical understanding of corporate IT infrastructure, including knowledge of the end user’s IT estate and SAM requirements.
As part of the pre-sales team, it is your responsibility to become a technical and license evangelist in numerous areas of the business, which may include key vendors such as Microsoft, SAP, Adobe, IBM and Oracle. Snow Software is a constantly evolving organisation, with new technologies and processes. Because of this, you may be required to contribute to creating and delivering best-practice presentations.
The ideal candidate will be seeking a new challenge to enact some real change in a dynamic, high-growth business, and contribute to maintaining Snow’s reputation as the world’s leading SAM tool vendor.
What you’ll do
Collect, maintain and communicate knowledge on business and technical issues concerning Snow’s products, including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs and security.
- Work closely with the sales team
- Conduct Snow company/product presentations to customers and partners
- Prepare and execute product demonstrations to customers and partners
- Represent Snow at trade shows and industry events
- Understand end users licensing/SAM challenge and scoping proper solutions
- Pre-Sales responsibilities
- Evaluate customers’ business requirements together with the sales team and map Snow’s solutions to determine how to solve these business requirements
- Produce a business solution presentation with a purpose to demonstrate business and technical value
- Deliver technical demonstrations of the product while visualising the business value
- Provide technical training to prospective and existing customers
- Lead Proof of Concepts and technical evaluations with direct customers or through Snow partners, from early induction and scoping stage to the final value proposal presentation
- Work with the sales team to manage bids and compose responses to RFI/RFP/RFQ/tenders directly to customers and through partners
- Demonstrate commercial acumen for ensuring the best value is sought within a deal for Snow products
- Maintain system records to ensure that the current status of each opportunity is tracked and drive measurement within the presales function
- Keep up-to-date on SAM industry news and technologies, and demonstrate an enthusiasm for explore new technologies
WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM YOU
Desired skills and experience
- Understanding of networks, hardware, standards and protocols including switches, routers, DNS, HTTP/S and TCP IP
- Familiarity with IIS and Microsoft Operating Systems (both server and client)
- Software licensing: Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle, IBM, VMWare
- System integration: CMDBs, ERPs, ETL
- Software distribution packaging: MSI packaging, distribution through AD
- Knowledge of inventory tools such as SCCM/SMS, FrontRange, ADD, DDMI, Altiris
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of Windows desktop and server architecture
- Knowledge of VMWare ESXi technology
- Experience with virtual server and desktop technologies: App-V, Hyper-V, XenApp, Citrix TS
- MacOS/Linux/Unix platform knowledge
- Oracle Database knowledge
- Technical and business knowledge of ITIL
- Practical use of Salesforce
- Fluent in English
- Able to travel (~2-3 days per week) in ASEAN region for customer and partner meetings, including trips to other APAC cities were required
- Strong pre-sales experience and knowledge about license management and service management
- Proven understanding of value selling, strong sales orientation
- Proven track record of technical and solution selling into both new accounts and existing accounts
- Experience of technical sales - demonstrating the ability to apply technical knowledge into sales cycles and constructing customer specific solution.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and documentation skills
- Flexible problem-solver comfortable in rapid-growth environments
- Understanding of and experience in sales processes for small, mid-size and enterprise customers
- Experience with partner-selling sales processes for small, mid-size and enterprise customers
- Focused Energy - proactive and energetic leadership of technical sales evaluations, solution demonstrations and customer conversations
- Ability to listen to customers’ demands and eloquently present the technical and functional solutions that Snow can offer, through meetings and formal proposals
- Experience in SAM (tools and/or processes) and Service Management
WHO YOU ARE
- Hardworking - we recognise those who go above and beyond to drive company success
- Forward-thinking - we're committed to remaining at the sharp-end of SAM solutions
- Entrepreneurial - turn a great idea into a real business opportunity
- Self-motivated - encouraged to expand your knowledge base and find innovative solutions
- Long-term focused - we're committed to keeping our staff and building our business from within
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to your application.