SRE SQL SERVER DBA
- Bracknell, UK
Snow’s mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
This is a great opportunity for a SQL DBA who has strong database performance engineering skills to join a highly motivated agile team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical knowledge of continuous integration or configuration management tools such as Jenkins, Octopus deploy, Ansible and experience of cloud technology - AWS or Azure.
This role also offers you the opportunity to work with emerging database platforms such as Azure Fabric, RDS SQL Instances and will ultimately migrate to a microservices architecture.
Based in Bracknell, UK OR Solna, Sweden
What you’ll need
In terms of your day to day work, you will be responsible for covering strategy, planning, implementation, upgrades and migrations and you will be advising developers on SQL code optimization and help to shape the company's DevOps, Cloud and Product strategy.
Strong technical knowledge of SQL Server 2016 to 2017, including in depth - SQL Replication Knowledge
Configuring and setting up clustering, AlwaysOn Availability groups and Database mirroring
You will be experienced in performance diagnosis and tuning techniques: Database Internals, OS, Storage and Networks.
You will have highly proficient Scripting skills in either T-SQL, PowerShell and Python
· Maintain schema separation in a multi tenant database environment
· Implement Database best practices for security hardening
· Understanding of monitoring tools and concepts
· Experience in design and administration of SQL Server functions
· Strong experience working with Backup, Restore and Recovery Tools for both on-prem and cloud – CommVault, Veeam
The desirables include:-
· You having working knowledge of continuous integration or configuration management tools such as Jenkins, Octopus deploy, Ansible and experience of cloud technology - AWS or Azure.
· Design/Rearchitect the solution to a no sql, microservice architecture
· RDBMS modelling and architecture.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong Stakeholder management skills
• Experience of running CAB or backlog refinement meeting
• Knowledge of development and technology platforms, software applications, and APIs.
• Worked in agile, iterative development environment
• Participation in the process from product owner approval to completion ensuring the business outcomes are delivered
• A passion for improving and a desire to work in a strong culture of empowerment
• Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring that priority objectives are met.
What we have to offer:
• Working for a software-premium-product in the growth market IT
• A diverse and fascinating job with interesting customers
• A start-up mentality in an international company with an open-door mentality and a small, sympathetic team
• Flexible working hours on trust as well as a self-determined work-life balance
• An attractive and modern-equipped working environment as well as a state-of-the-art IT supply
• Very attractive, performance- and success-oriented salary
Snow Software is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We are always committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Discrimination is not welcome on the basis of any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.