Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Engineer
- Bracknell, UK
Snow’s mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Software Developer who has strong performance engineering skills to join a highly motivated agile team.
The ideal candidate will have exposure to DevOps aligned methods of automation, performance monitoring, tuning and optimisation.
This role offers a unique opportunity to work within a microservice enablement programme.
Based in Bracknell, UK
What you’ll need
In terms of your day to day work, you will be responsible for implementing CI/CD pipelines for platform, code and release automation
· Previous experience within an SRE, DevOps, Agile Development or Systems Engineering / automation role
· Improve end to end service uptime to meet contractual obligations around SLA’s, OLA’s
· Development experience in .NetCore, ARM, Powershell, Bash, Ansible, Python
· Collaboration across global teams
· 24x7 Call out, Flexible working hours
· Broad technical and working knowledge of microservices toolchain, Kubernetes, docker, Windows, Linux, Prometheus, Grafana, NATS, Azure, AWS, SQL Server
· Technical authoring, Knowledge articles, Atlassian suite (Confluence, Jira)
· Assist in documenting processes, workflows, user manuals and present to stakeholders as necessary
· Run workshops and training sessions
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong Stakeholder management skills
• Experience of running CAB or backlog refinement meeting
• Knowledge of development and technology platforms, software applications, and APIs.
• Worked in agile, iterative development environment
• Participation in the process from product owner approval to completion ensuring the business outcomes are delivered
• A passion for improving and a desire to work in a strong culture of empowerment
• Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring that priority objectives are met.
What we have to offer:
• Working for a software-premium-product in the growth market IT
• A diverse and fascinating job with interesting customers
• A start-up mentality in an international company with an open-door mentality and a small, sympathetic team
• Flexible working hours on trust as well as a self-determined work-life balance
• An attractive and modern-equipped working environment as well as a state-of-the-art IT supply
• Very attractive, performance- and success-oriented salary
Snow Software is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We are always committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Discrimination is not welcome on the basis of any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.