TEAM MANAGER - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT - BARCELONA
- Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Snow’s mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
As a Team Manager at Snow Software you will be reporting to the EMEA Business Development Manager and lead a team of 8-10 Business Development Representatives. The purpose of this team is to solve the number one challenge every Sales Manager has, generating Pipeline to fuel the growth of fast paced Organizations like Snow Software.
The primary focus of BDRs is to identify potential new customers and sales opportunities in new accounts, identify retention and penetration opportunities in existing accounts, drive revenue and cross selling opportunities.
Snow Software is a double-digit growing company which helps IT and Purchasing departments to get back control of their technology assets. This will ultimately lead to cost savings and ensure compliancy to avoid any penalties which could lead to 8-figure fines.
As a Team Manager you are leading by example and setting high standards - a top performer and a true professional. Overall you will have five main responsibilities in driving incremental revenue for Snow Software:
· Hiring top talent
· Performance management to hit team plan in fiscal year and individual targets
· Coaching for excellence
· People & Talent development
· Finding new and innovative ways to exceed on business goals.
- Lead the Business Development team of 8-10 Reps (internally referred to as BDRs responsible for building pipeline across EMEA markets through inbound and outbound lead qualification.
- Hire, train and coach the team to drive excellence and continuous improvement to achieve volume and quality goals, including sales meeting volume and leads-to-opportunity conversion rates that are among best in class for the industry.
- Ensure the team is meeting or exceeding the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual quota of qualified appointments (opportunities) for our EMEA Sales team.
- Engage with key stakeholders including field based regional Sales Directors and Sales Reps to ensure alignment to business and sales goals, define and ensure service level engagement, and identify areas of operational improvement to provide a service to sales that is considered effective and valuable.
- Partner with Demand Generation and Marketing Teams to support global and local campaigns and execute business development best practice and engagement cadences that convert new and existing prospects through buying cycle.
- Mentor the BDRs to set goals and plan workload to ensure activity targets are met, and to achieve repeatable operational excellence through consistent use of company-wide tools such as Salesloft, Drift web chat and Salesforce.com.
- Drive operational cadence to maintain effective execution of the team, including preparation and presentation of activity statistics and performance data for roll up to management team, and collaborate in forecast management meetings on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Develop the skills of the team with regular performance feedback and drive team building to form a high-performance team.
- Working with pre-sales, product marketing and sales enablement teams, determine and deliver enablement and BD best practice workshops to increase competencies of BDR’s to improve effectiveness of lead conversion to reach industry best in class standards.
KEY CHALLENGES TO ADDRESS IN THIS ROLE
Increasing pipeline creation effectiveness and capability of Business Development team.
Obtaining valuable, data driven insight to impact how Business Development reps constantly improve performance.
Drive and embed a consistent way of working (tools, training and processes) to ramp up skills and improve efficiency, supporting our growth and business strategy.
Must be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Respected for deep business understanding
- Dedication to streamline processes
- Effective relationship and negotiation skills to develop excellent relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration behaviors with marketing, partner marketing and sales leaders
- Ability to coach, motivate and lead a team of predominantly young international people
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and precision of data accuracy and reporting.
- Focus on results and execution against tasks/projects
- Innovative and agile approach – ability to respond quickly to changes within the business and deal with ambiguity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Business Development leader with two years+ of management experience in an EMEA business development / inside sales environment
- Language skill: Fluent English mandatory, second European language a distinct advantage
- Strong experience successfully coaching and managing a team to achieve performance goals
- Consistent proven track record of over achievement of quota expectations
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- Experience working in a multi - cultural environment
- Demonstrable strong insight into the mechanics of business development performance optimization
- Experience working with a CRM, preferably Salesforce.com and proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Ethical and honest approach
- Mobility: some travel time required (around 10-20%).
What we offer
- Competitive compensation plan
- Inspiring working environment (Ramblas, Barcelona)
- Private Health insurance
- Monthly Ticket restaurant 164€ on top of monthly salary
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a very positive daily impact. Every day you will work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to your application. Please apply in English..
Snow Software is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We are always committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Discrimination is not welcome on the basis of any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.