Procurement Manager/Senior Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
Snow’s mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
Snow is looking for an outstanding procurement leader to join the finance team. Reporting to the CFO, this leader will possess strong management/relationship building skills and enjoy building and driving global procure-to-pay processes. The procurement leader will interact with many business leaders throughout the organization and eventually manage a team. The goal of procurement is not only to deliver excellent vendor contracts that provide value to Snow and mitigate risk, but also to ensure the product and services we are using are leveraged and still appropriate before each new engagement or renewal. Additionally, this individual will manage the global real estate portfolio for Snow.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Develop and implement company’s first global procurement system, policies, and process
• Manage global real estate portfolio including lease negotiations with heavy involvement in location strategy
• Provide strategy and direction to the company on how to best manage procurement requests from the business
• Determine key metrics to track company performance. Develop, direct, and manage overall cost reduction and efficiency targets and report out on a quarterly basis
• Develop, direct, and manage overall cost reduction targets and oversee execution of initiatives – accountable for reporting of procurement savings and compliance, inclusive of tracking savings to the P&L
• Demonstrate superior professional knowledge and experience of the principles and techniques of negotiation to advise the business, directing and securing the best outcome for the company
• Partner with other departments and stakeholders to ensure timely execution of procurement requirements and achievement of cost reduction targets and optimal total cost of ownership
• Drive opportunities to implement best practice purchasing policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance and deliver best value and savings
• Exhibit excellent business acumen and understanding of risk mitigation approaches through contract language usage.
• Champion continuous improvement in all aspects of delivery (supplier performance, business adoption, technology enhancements)
WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM YOU
• Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, computer science, management information systems, or other related field
• 7+ years’ experience managing the procurement process and driving excellent results
• Demonstrated ability to analyze information, situations and issues to formulate logical and objective conclusions from fact, situations, data and observations
• Ability to direct cross-organizational workgroups and to build consensus among a broad spectrum of diverse constituencies at varying organizational levels
• Experience in a e-procurement tool
• Qualities: Leader who can provide direction and empower others, has a bias for action and impact, is a strong communicator across the organization and with vendors, with a track record for inspiring and delivering great results
• Eager to learn, adapt and perfect your work
• Deep understanding of value drivers and recurring revenue business models
• Ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation and agreement
• Travel abilities up to 10-20% globally
WHO YOU ARE
• Self-starter, high integrity, strong sense of urgency, & ability to gain confidence quickly from managers and employees
• Strong communicator with experience in facilitation across all levels; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions.
• Ability to design and implement disruptive initiatives, highly organized and motivated, with a bias for action and impact.
• Possess flexibility and have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced and highly ambiguous work environment - specifically in leading high-functioning teams.
• Great demeanor and partner-facing attitude, including being reliable, helpful, collaborative and efficient
• Highly organized and detail oriented, with a bias for action
• Enjoys working in a fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and fun environment
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to your application.
Snow Software is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We are always committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Discrimination is not welcome on the basis of any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.