Instructional Designer - Global Field Readiness
- Austin, TX, USA
Snow’s mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compliance and cost savings through delivery of on premise and cloud-based Software Asset Management solutions. Today we are the largest and most successful dedicated developer of SAM solutions with staff all over the world in regional locations. To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for the brightest, and most highly-skilled people who have their best work ahead of them. Now is the right time to join Snow.
The Global Field Readiness team mission is to establish and grow a learning culture at Snow Software resulting in faster ramp to revenue and increased productivity for the field. This is accomplished by building a world class onboarding experience and engaging continuous learning programs driven by consistency, accountability and metrics.
We are seeking an experienced Instructional Designer who will be responsible for developing regular, high quality, mixed media field training elements to drive knowledge, efficiency, and productivity in a growing field sales/technical organization.
A strong track record of success designing content for a sales audience is essential.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You will be working with and across many functions within Snow, including other Field Readiness personnel, Marketing, Technical Services, HR and IT.
o Work with various constituencies to develop world class courses for global sales reps, SE's, management and partners
o Create and assemble content that contributes to customer value and differentiates Snow Software
o Use innovative techniques and delivery mechanisms t; adopt new technologies as they become practical
• Partner with Leaders - Drive and strengthen the culture of learning within Snow.
o Leverage marketing, product management, engineering, human resources, executive staff and other functions in addition to sales
o Forming relationships with the Leadership to collect feedback and brainstorm new ways to reach the sales teams effectively
o Be an ambassador of learning and field success
• Learning Management:
o Understanding and using the chosen LMS effectively to drive the field readiness mission
WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM YOU
NEED TO HAVE:
• Extensive experience in instructional design and training, with an emphasis on field/sales training, channel or partner readiness
• Ability to develop and work on multiple courses and training deliverables at one time for fast turnaround and rapid development
• Background in working with and implementing learning technologies, such as LMS systems, e-learning tools (such as Articulate, Captivate, or equivalent tools), video editing tools (such as Screenflow, Camtasia, Final Cut Pro or equivalent tools), and graphics editing software (such as the Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
• Proven writing ability
• A strong portfolio of e-learning and/or video work or instructional design examples
• Strong visual and graphic design skills (can perform basic graphics editing)
• Understanding of adult learning approaches
• Effective communications skills with the ability to build relationships with people at all levels and in different countries
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change
• Adaptable to new ideas and able to find creative solutions to training dilemmas
• Demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion according to deadlines
NICE TO HAVE
• Has work experience in sales, channel operations and enablement with enterprise software
• Experience with salesforce.com is an asset
WHO YOU ARE
• High energy and drive, with lots of empathy and a sense of humor
• Hands-on and Can-do attitude
• High integrity & ability to gain confidence quickly from managers and employees
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative and fun environment
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success and the global leader in the development and delivery of dedicated SAM solutions. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business.
We look forward to your application.