- 1100-333 Seymour St, Vancouver, BC V6B, Canada
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We work with incredible companies and brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create compelling games, ranging from amazing original IP to the most played game on the planet (!!!), utilizing our own leading edge technology.
As a QA Tester at Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) you most have prior QA experience in video games, mobile testing, or a related field. You boast a keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and a passion for games. The QA test team is embedded within our development team so you naturally work well with others, are a stellar communicator, and understand the functions of the different disciplines on a game team.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for testing game content for bugs and other flaws;
- Verify proper implementation of features against design specifications;
- Work with the QA Test Lead to maintain a reporting system that tracks and verifies fixes throughout the test cycle;
- Design, write, and execute test cases during all phases of product development;
- Provide written and verbal reports on the state of bugs, features, performance, and playability;
- Escalate risks and blocking issues as soon as they are uncovered;
- Help to run build verification checklists against a range of devices and mobile platforms;
- Be the voice of the consumer.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A passion for gaming;
- Minimum one year of game testing or QA experience;
- Experience writing test plans and test scripts;
- Experience in one or more defect tracking and/or test management tool;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
It would also be helpful if you had:
- Previous experience in the gaming industry;
- Mobile testing experience;
- Experience with Jira.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please Note: Candidates must be local and legally entitled to work in Canada.