UI Technical Artist
- 1100-333 Seymour St, Vancouver, BC V6B, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is an industry leading independent game development studio focused on creating revolutionary gaming experiences. It was founded in 2007 by the award-winning industry veterans and creative forces behind Company of Heroes™. Since that time SGI has developed a wide range of games- from original IP, AAA game concepts, to mobile apps, console titles, and even immersive online experiences.
As a UI Technical Artist at Smoking Gun (SGI), you’re experienced in executing and implementing game user interface assets and animations. Prior game development experience for mobile & PC platforms, and scripting experience with a flair for animation is highly valued.
In this role, you will:
- Build and implement UI - work closely with UX, designers, and engineers to set up animations and screens;
- Ensure the technical consistency and integrity of UI assets, by means of profiling and optimization;
- Develop and maintain a UI design system, working with other UI artists and engineers to help build and maintain a library of UI controls, styles, and best practices;
- Work closely with engineers to integrate assets within tech specifications for multiple platforms;
- Rapidly iterate and develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction;
- Collaborate with Lead Artists to create UI layouts, high fidelity graphics and any necessary duties.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 3+ years of experience developing interactive interfaces in game engine or web-based UI editors and tools with at least one shipped game title;
- Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design, Animation, Motion Graphics, or Illustration or equivalent work experience;
- Experience working with Unity, Unreal or similar engine and tools;
- Knowledge of Basic scripting;
- Mastery of Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Animate, Illustrator, XD);
- Enjoyment in prototyping and getting designs pixel perfect;
- The ability to accept direction, work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Passion for technical problem-solving;
- A sense of humor, passion for your work, and desire to grow yourself and those around you.
It would also be helpful if you had:
- Understanding of a shader language, experience in writing shaders;
- Motion graphics skills, familiarity working with particle systems (Unity, After Effects).
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.