Casual Game UI Artist
- 900 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6C 1E1, Canada
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for a talented UI Artist with experience in designing, executing and implementing game user interface assets and animations. Prior game development experience for mobile & PC platforms, and proven illustration and graphic design skills are highly valued.
· Build and implement UI - work closely with UX, designers, and engineers to set up animations and screens
· Create UI layouts and high fidelity graphics with Lead Artist
· Work closely with engineers to integrate assets within tech specifications for multiple platforms
· Rapidly iterate and develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction
· Address and integrate feedback from various departments to achieve bug-free and polished user experience
· Assist the Art Director in any necessary duties
· 3+ years of experience developing interactive interfaces in game engine or web-based UI editors and tools
· At least one shipped game title
· Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design, Animation, Motion Graphics, or Illustration or equivalent work experience
· Enjoy problem-solving, and have strong organizational and analytical skills
· Passionate to get designs to pixel perfect.
· Ability to accept direction, work well in a fast-paced environment.
· Expert knowledge of 2D art tools like Photoshop, Illustrator
· Adobe Animate and After Effects experience and proficiency desirable
· Sense of humor, passion for your work, and desire to grow yourself and those around you
· Be eligible to work in Canada