Senior QA Tester
- 10th floor, 900 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for an experienced Senior QA Tester to join our team who is passionate about both quality and video games! The ideal candidate will have strong testing abilities and experience in the creation & maintenance of test cases and checklists. They will assist with communication and being company liaison between the development and publisher QA team. A keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills and a passion for video games is a must. Our QA is embedded within our development team, so the right individual must work well with others and understand the functions of the different disciplines on a game team.
- Testing game content fully for bugs and other functionality & visual defects.
- Working within a Bug database for tracking purposes.
- Strong written/verbal reporting skills on the state of game bugs, features, playability and risks.
- Design, develop, write and execute test cases during all phases of product development, for various game assets and features.
- Read and understand written product and design documentation for test plan preparations.
- Assist in implementing appropriate testing strategies to support product goals.
- Ability to maintain strong, collaborative relationships with Programming, Art, Design & Production teams.
- Work closely with Community Manager for live issues reporting and prioritization.
- Ensure games are fully tested and ready for certification processes across all Console/Mobile platforms.
- Mobile device tracking & inventory systems.
- Highly detailed oriented
- Strong Communicator, both verbal and written
- 3+ years of QA functionality testing experience within the gaming industry; Mobile testing experience a plus
- Has a passion for video games and quality
- Experience working alongside a development team.
- Experience reporting on and tracking Quality metrics
- Experience working with a bug database and test management tools.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, internally and with external studios.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Supervision, direction and mentorship of QA test team members a plus.
Please Note: Candidates must be local and legally entitled to work in Canada.