QA Automation Tester
- 1000-900 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for a QA Automation Tester experienced in setting up automation test suites from the ground up and maintaining / creating new tests over the lifecycle of the products. Prior experience building automation suites on PC and Mobile platforms is highly valued. Experience in games and across other gaming platforms would be nice to have.
- Build out the Test Automation process / infrastructure for multiple projects
- Work with Project Leadership to define an Automation Roadmap
- Read and understand product / design documentation for test plan requirements.
- Gather additional test automation requirements working with project leadership and the project team
- Design, develop, write and execute automated / manual test plans
- Test game content fully for completeness, and functional / visual defects
- Capture and analyze test results and document steps for reproducibility
- Enter, track and update bugs within a bug tracking database
- Perform required maintenance on test scripts / suites across multiple projects
- Provide estimates for creation and maintenance of test scripts / suites
- Generate reports based on the automated / manual tests to provide visibility to Project Leadership
- Test around fixed issues / changes for regressions in functionality
- Escalate critical issues to the Project Leadership
- 3+ years’ experience automated testing in the game industry or related field
- Built automation infrastructure from the ground up on a product that shipped
- Experience creating automated testing on Windows & Mobile platforms
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of troubleshooting and solving problems as they come up in a timely manner