Solitaire UI Artist
- 900 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6C 1E1, Canada
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for a talented UI Artist with experience in designing, executing and implementing game user interface assets and animations. Prior game development experience for mobile & PC platforms, and proven illustration and graphic design skills are highly valued.
· Create UI layouts and highly fidelity graphics in collaboration with the Art Lead
· Implement UI components and animations to create polished and rewarding user experience
· Author and integrate final quality UI art assets in game engine UI editor within tech specifications and memory constraints for multiple platforms.
· Work closely with game design and programming team members to create functional UI in the game
· Address and integrate feedback from various departments to achieve bug-free and polished user experience
· Assist the Art Director in any necessary duties
· 3+ years of experience developing interactive interfaces in game engine or web-based UI editors and tools
· at least one shipped game title
· Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design, Animation, Motion Graphics, or Illustration or equivalent work experience
· Expert knowledge of 2D art tools like Photoshop, Illustrator
· Adobe Animate and After Effects experience and proficiency desirable
· Excellent verbal and visual communications skills
· Strong organizational and analytical skills
· Ability to accept direction, work well in a fast paced environment and contribute as part of a team
· Sense of humor, passion for your work, and desire to grow yourself and those around you
Be eligible to work in Canada