Senior UI Artist
- 900 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6C 1E5, Canada
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.
We are looking for an experienced, driven, and highly skilled Senior UI Artist to join our veteran team.
As our ideal candidate, you have shipped multiple titles within the games industry and have experience in establishing and executing the UI art style for diverse IPs for mobile and PC titles.
You are highly creative, have a background in graphic design with strong illustration skills, and animation/motion graphics proficiency. You hands-on experience in creating final quality concepts as well as integrating game-ready art assets into the game engine.
· Collaborate with the Art Director and Art Leads in development of the UI art and animation style
· Craft visually inspiring, high fidelity UI concepts and assets that set the quality bar for the team
· Partner with UX and Design to develop and iterate screen layouts that are highly intuitive, visually appealing, and deliver creative and entertaining visual presentation
· Create and integrate final quality game UI art and animation assets within technical and memory specifications for target platforms
· Proactively problem solve implementation with Engineers to meet the highest level of presentation polish and user experience
· Support the Producer in development and maintenance of realistic UI scope plans and schedule
· Analyze, adapt, interpret and integrate feedback from other departments to propose and achieve what is best for the product
· Contribute to establishing best-practices for implementation and maintaining UI art style
· Maintain UI asset tracking and organization
· Provide feedback on tools and pipelines
· 5+ years of experience within the games industry or in relevant interactive field
· Multiple shipped titles in a senior or lead role where you owned an area of the game
· Bachelor's degree in Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
· Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, proficiency in other Adobe Creative Suite software
· Hands-on experience building UI using Adobe Animate (Flash) or equivalent GUI editor and pipeline
· Demonstrated high degree of ownership and willingness to iterate on work until it shines
· Excellent verbal and visual communications skill
· Strong organizational and analytical skills
· Able to explore a wide variety of ideas, to follow and adapt to different stylistic guidelines
· Sense of humor, passion for your work, and desire to grow yourself and those around you