Psychiatric Registered Nurse RN
- 22-25 Jackson Ave, Long Island City, NY 11101, USA
LOCATION: QUEENS NY
SEND RESUME OR EMAIL TO ALEXG @ SMITHARNOLD.COM VP RECRUITMENT OR CALL 203-975-6688
Award Winning Organization!
Our client has an exciting opportunity available for a Psychiatric Registered Nurse to join our team in a unique setting. You would be given a structured in depth training process and work full time at our outpatient clinic alongside multiple other nursing staff members. As the Psychiatric Registered Nurse, you would work a normal 9- 5 schedule with no on call and we offer flexibility hours as well. There are no weekends included. We are looking for someone with at least one year of Psychiatric Registered Nurse experience. Please see job highlights below.
Title: Psychiatric Registered Nurse
Location: Long Island City NY
Salary: $85,000 to $90,000+ full comprehensive benefits package
- Working with patients on health maintenance and prevention of illness including case management, physical activity, and dietary guidelines.
- Providing important information to clinical support staff and other nurses to complete treatment plans
- Performing counseling sessions with direction from Providers and focusing on human behavior and psychiatric nursing
- Documenting all necessary results in EMR system
- Advising patients on health education and addressing any physical illness as well as mental illness
- Managing lab work
- Tracking toxicology reports
- Doing some injections ( maybe one a week) and blood draws (twice a week)
- Not expected to do major medical intervention
- Health screens for people coming into the program
- Must have at least 6 months of Psychiatric Registered Nurse experience
- New York State nursing license required
- Must have Associates Degree in Nursing
- Good community skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.