Senior DevOps Engineer
- Boston, US, Boston, MA
Smarterer helps people take control of their professional destinies, by quantifying skills in as few as 10 questions and 120 seconds. Skills are changing faster than ever; our dynamic assessment engine and crowdsourcing tools capture what's relevant now, to deliver the freshest tests in the world. Smarterer's community has scored over 1.7 million skills.
In November 2014, Pluralsight (www.pluralsight.com), the leader in online training for serious developers and IT admins, acquired Smarterer (www.smarterer.com), opening up an exciting new world of possibility for our Boston team. Smarterer quantifies hundreds of skills in as few as 10 questions, using dynamic multiple-choice tests. Pluralsight, which landed on Inc's 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list last year, boasts 350,000 users in more than 120 countries. Together, we're on a serious mission to democratize professional learning.
We're looking for positive, passionate people who thrive in a fast-paced environment. We offer a vibrant culture, competitive pay and loads of other perks. We're a hungry crew of startup team members who believe in truth seeking, entrepreneurship and eternal optimism. We're storytellers, scientists, mathematicians, and athletes, who understand that a 1980s approach to skills isn't going to cut it in 2015.
Smarterer/Pluralsight is seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer to help scale our systems, optimize our infrastructure and improve our build and release process. They also must be awesome.
• Work with a close-knit team of architects and developers on supporting and deploying mission critical systems used by thousands of people every day.
• Performance tuning, monitoring, maintaining fault tolerant/HA infrastructure
• Prepare deployment and release plans and execute releases to a high-availability, multi-tiered, scalable production environment with zero downtime.
• Manage deployments to test and staging environments.
• Work with Development, Operations, and Customer Care teams to help achieve a high quality of release management
• Assist with the development of a test automation framework.
• Assist the optimization and automation of the release process
• System Administration (Ubuntu/Red Hat/CentOS)
• Lead virtualization effort to help Platform and Data teams in faster turnaround of experimental and testing environments
• Assist in system monitoring
• On-call rotation with participation in 24x7 support
- Our servers are provisioned on Ubuntu Linux. Strong Linux scripting (Ubuntu/MacOS/CentOS)
- AWS Experience is desired as well as understanding and implementation of best practices in cloud infrastructure, networking, and coding.
- Candidate should have experience in the following DevOps software:
- Git, Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation, Puppet, Hiera.
- Virtualization technologies (VMWare)
- Strong coding and scripting experience in Python and/or Bash
- Solid knowledge of SCM tools and methodology, primarily GIT
- An outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player attitude.
- Lifelong learner.
We believe in truth telling, freedom, and changing the world. We’re a creative group of storytellers, scientists, mathematicians, and athletes, who believe that a 1980s approach to skills isn’t going to cut it in 2015. Come join our Flock.
no agencies please